TorGuard
Smokus

Low download speed with TorGuard

Rate this question

Question

Smokus

So I got TorGuard today. I am from Germany so I chose Germany as my server because that is closest to me. These are the settings:

-Tunnel Type: OpenVPN

-Protocol: UDP

-Port / Auth: 1912 (SHA256)

-Cipher: AES-128-CBC

I am on Windows 10 and I use qBittorrent. In qBittorrent as a port for incoming connection I have put 1912 and I checked on "canyouseeme.org" if that port is open, and it is.

When I'm torrenting with TorGuard on, my download speed gets up to 1.5 mb/s at most. When I disconnect from TorGuard, then my download speed reaches the maximum limit (8 mb/s). I downloaded same torrent files when doing this comparison.

I don't know that my download speed should suffer this much. Something isn't right. Can anyone help me please?

1 answer to this question

Support
On 5/18/2019 at 11:44 PM, Smokus said:

So I got TorGuard today. I am from Germany so I chose Germany as my server because that is closest to me. These are the settings:

-Tunnel Type: OpenVPN

-Protocol: UDP

-Port / Auth: 1912 (SHA256)

-Cipher: AES-128-CBC

I am on Windows 10 and I use qBittorrent. In qBittorrent as a port for incoming connection I have put 1912 and I checked on "canyouseeme.org" if that port is open, and it is.

When I'm torrenting with TorGuard on, my download speed gets up to 1.5 mb/s at most. When I disconnect from TorGuard, then my download speed reaches the maximum limit (8 mb/s). I downloaded same torrent files when doing this comparison.

I don't know that my download speed should suffer this much. Something isn't right. Can anyone help me please?

Hello,

You need to set your torrent port to something higher, 1912 is an OpenVPN port and although appears open will not accept incoming connections unless authenticated through OpenVPN - Have you tried using TCP? a different cipher, a GCM cipher?