TorGuard
vred

SOCKS5 not working

Rate this question

Question

vred

Not to waste time: Socks5 proxy isn't working for me.

I'm using FLUD on Android and have both confirmed my login details and tried multiple IPs from the list but I continually get 'error' from the 'checkmyiptorrent'.

What's the delio?

Edit: I've tried another torrent client and more than a dozen of the listed SOCKS5 proxies and I'm getting absolutely nothing. Given things are slow around here from the looks of the posting history I'm going to give this 24 hours before I change to another provider.

Edit 2: I've now tried almost all of the Netherlands and Sweeden IP addresses and a handful of the US ones with absolutely no luck. Has Torgaurd been taken down in specific regions or something?

Edit 3: And now I find out Torguard cooperates with FiveEyes. I'll still give this 24 hours, but I'm leaning heavily towards terminating this service given that it currently doesn't appear to be functional and the entire purpose of the site has been rendered moot given the aforementioned data sharing.

3 answers to this question

RyDze

I have been using Torguard now for 2-3 years and it has been working Flawlessly. I use it every single day and I i NEVER experience any significant problems. You are likely Configuring something wrong, if it is not working then you have configured it wrong, i say that because i use socks5 proxy and VPN everyday flawlessly without any problems for years. The forums is not the fastest way to ask for help, if you need support or help configuring something i would suggest going through the proper channels of opening a support ticket or talking to live chat and i am sure they will assist you ASAP!

I have gone into live chat a few times over the years for general questions and they always reply to me Very quickly and Professionally. Torguard is a very Professionally run VPN service with good stability/security and the support has always been top notch in my opinion. I have tested other vpn services and Torguard surely rates at the Top. It is a No logs VPN service so 5 eyes? Nothing is logged so no information can be given if asked therefore 5 eyes is of no real concern. 5 eyes can ask for something yes but with No logs they will receive no info so there is no concern.

I would suggest asking your question By opening a support ticket or going through live chat.

• Like 1

vred
5 hours ago, RyDze said:

I have been using Torguard now for 2-3 years and it has been working Flawlessly. I use it every single day and I i NEVER experience any significant problems. You are likely Configuring something wrong, if it is not working then you have configured it wrong, i say that because i use socks5 proxy and VPN everyday flawlessly without any problems for years. The forums is not the fastest way to ask for help, if you need support or help configuring something i would suggest going through the proper channels of opening a support ticket or talking to live chat and i am sure they will assist you ASAP!

I have gone into live chat a few times over the years for general questions and they always reply to me Very quickly and Professionally. Torguard is a very Professionally run VPN service with good stability/security and the support has always been top notch in my opinion. I have tested other vpn services and Torguard surely rates at the Top. It is a No logs VPN service so 5 eyes? Nothing is logged so no information can be given if asked therefore 5 eyes is of no real concern. 5 eyes can ask for something yes but with No logs they will receive no info so there is no concern.

I would suggest asking your question By opening a support ticket or going through live chat.

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I've had this service since 2014 (it may have actually been earlier than that) and have configured it to work with a half dozen different Torrent clients across desktop and mobile so have become familiar with how to configure the service and what the normal troubleshooting steps are when the service isn't working well. Unless something has drastically changed and I've not been notified, the service currently does not work.

I've chosen to post on the forums because of my past poor experiences with support resulting in having to use other sites to help me troubleshoot my issue and fix them myself.

I was hoping to find out from the community if any one else is having SOCKS5 issues and put a deadline on it because past exeprience with theses kinds of services all of sudden halting has usually been the result in some form of legal action that I don't fancy sticking around for.

With regards to FiveEyes, cooperation does not revolve around simply turning over logs which usually don't exist for services like this.

I'd had a couple of beers when I wrote my first post so I'll rephrase it a bit:

Is anyone else experiencing issues with their SOCKS5 proxy?

BadBoyBill

My SOCK5 problems started glitching at about this time, but has worked practically flawlessly for years also...I have gone into live chat a few times but feel intimidated by all the nerdy jibber jabber...But everybody is friendly...So I'm going for broke & am going their next...Thanks for the advice  RyDze.