TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
klepp0906

10gbit network addon

Rate this topic

klepp0906

So shopping around considering modifying my services and i noticed the premium network option.   Does this still provide you with your own server choice?  Also can you expect a better download speed and ping?  I have a gigabit connection and as you can imagine, it takes a beating on the regular network.   

Would the 10gbit one make a difference? 

klepp0906

whelp, i bit the bullet.  isp blocking ip ranges from sending emails, i figured this was a chance to fix the chicago ping from the shared ips that took a nosedive and maybe just maybe let me send emails again (havent tested that yet).

while it did fix the ping issue (my ping is now the same as it was on the chicago shared IPs before whatever happened - happened) my throughput took a nosedive which makes no sense.

same encryption.  same port. i get a bit less than 300mb out of my gigabit connection.  whereas on the normal public chicago vpn i get 500-600.   

Disappointing, was hoping it would be the one service addon to rule them all.  

Any ideas why on earth it would not only be slower, but substantially slower when tested back to back vs a standard one? 

klepp0906

oiiiii

it did UN block my emails from being sent.

so in short - it put my ping back where it was (being honest, not confident whatever changed with the standard servers that tanked it would be fixed) and it gave me an unblocked IP so i can actually send emails again (which wouldnt be fixable persay).

all for the cost of some monies, and my throughput taking a fierce nosedive.  Cant surmise why being on the 10g premium network would amount to half the throughput but to be fair, my vpn speed is still more than a lot of folks non vpn speed.

Still doesnt feel good to pay for all that bandwidth and get ~30% of it. 

digressing.