Jump to content
TorGuard
  • 0

Latest version - Could not connect to the VPN management socket

Rate this question


HelpmeVPN101

Question

HelpmeVPN101

Hi all,

I downloaded the 3.93.1 update (macOS) and now I get an error when connecting..

 

Help...? I never ever had issues.. the latest update did something..

 

Thanks...

image.thumb.png.e8bdaec44c0f6a66af8fc1c3eb24a85b.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Joe29042934

I've had this issue on multiple mac computers for a while now, with v3.91 being the last working version. I've tried reinstalling, formatting and starting from a clean system and nothing seems to change. 

/Library/Application Support

I don't have any torguard folders in here to remove, nothing in ~/Library either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Support
On 3/26/2019 at 12:25 AM, Joe29042934 said:

I've had this issue on multiple mac computers for a while now, with v3.91 being the last working version. I've tried reinstalling, formatting and starting from a clean system and nothing seems to change. 

/Library/Application Support

I don't have any torguard folders in here to remove, nothing in ~/Library either.

 

Please download the latest build here https://torguard.net/downloads.php

It should resolve your issue.

Regards

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Patachou

Hi I just installed version 4.1.2. and now I'm getting the same message:

"Could not connect to the VPN management socket.

Please check your firewall settings!"

 

I running linux mint, never had an issue till today.  How do I fix this (uninstalled and re-installed twice now)?

 

Patrick

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Support
2 hours ago, Patachou said:

Hi I just installed version 4.1.2. and now I'm getting the same message:

"Could not connect to the VPN management socket.

Please check your firewall settings!"

 

I running linux mint, never had an issue till today.  How do I fix this (uninstalled and re-installed twice now)?

 

Patrick

 

Please try the following

1) Go to more settings --> general tab --> click "restore defaults" and then hit save

2) Remove this folder:   ~/Library/Application Support/VPNetworkLLC

3) Restart TG Client and retest

Let me know how you go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
16 hours ago, Support said:

 

Please try the following

1) Go to more settings --> general tab --> click "restore defaults" and then hit save

2) Remove this folder:   ~/Library/Application Support/VPNetworkLLC

3) Restart TG Client and retest

Let me know how you go.

I'm having the same problem on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.  I have also tried a clean uninstall and reinstall of TorGuard. My Firewall is completely disabled so that is not an issue.  Still getting the VPN management socket error and I am stuck. Any more suggestions?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

In case this helps anyone - I was able to overcome this error on Ubuntu 16.04 by installing Wireguard (see https://www.wireguard.com/install/)

and then selecting Wireguard in the TorGuard client.   I still get the error if I try connecting using OpenVPN - I may need to investigate this further at a later time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Support

We know of the problem and it will be fixed in our next release, it only happens in older Ubuntu builds - it seem it happens when you do not have openssl libs and our openssl libs are ignored.

Regards

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...