TorGuard
Gian

VPN Never Connects

Rate this question

Question

Gian

Hey! I've been using TorGuard on my Windows PCs for a while and recently installed the client on my mac but I've been unable to get connected. I've tried multiple different servers and configurations but the same thing always happens.

image.png.68873f0664bb9a674b3d086c2898fd05.png

As you can see from the screen cap above the client fails to connect, my DNS servers are changed from default to TorGuards so after the connection fails I'm left unable to perform DNS lookups until I disconnect then reconnect my ethernet (or change my DNS servers back to default). I've also tried running the application from the terminal as root but the same issue occurs.

sudo /Applications/TorGuard.app/Contents/MacOS/TorGuardDesktopQt

Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Regards, Gian.

3 answers to this question

Support
On 3/14/2019 at 4:03 PM, Gian said:

Hey! I've been using TorGuard on my Windows PCs for a while and recently installed the client on my mac but I've been unable to get connected. I've tried multiple different servers and configurations but the same thing always happens.

image.png.68873f0664bb9a674b3d086c2898fd05.png

As you can see from the screen cap above the client fails to connect, my DNS servers are changed from default to TorGuards so after the connection fails I'm left unable to perform DNS lookups until I disconnect then reconnect my ethernet (or change my DNS servers back to default). I've also tried running the application from the terminal as root but the same issue occurs.

sudo /Applications/TorGuard.app/Contents/MacOS/TorGuardDesktopQt

Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Regards, Gian.

Hi Gian

Please confirm the test build here solves your problem - we fixed a couple of things that may have caused such an issue.

https://cl.ly/7ee9c6bb2534

I don't advise everyone switching to this build if it solves your issue we can push a production release it at some point tomorrow.

Regards

Gian
8 hours ago, Support said:

Hi Gian

Please confirm the test build here solves your problem - we fixed a couple of things that may have caused such an issue.

https://cl.ly/7ee9c6bb2534

I don't advise everyone switching to this build if it solves your issue we can push a production release it at some point tomorrow.

Regards

That build didn't seem to solve my issue right away but I disabled the "Look up server hostname before connecting" option under the Network tab and then the client connected right away!

Support
2 hours ago, Gian said:

That build didn't seem to solve my issue right away but I disabled the "Look up server hostname before connecting" option under the Network tab and then the client connected right away!

Ok so that would say you were unable to resolve our hostnames, assuming your ISP blocked them or the DNS you had been using were blocking them.

Regards