TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  

Deluge and multiple proxy settings

Rate this question

Question

I am running Deluge 1.3.6 on a headless Ubuntu 13.10 server and connecting to it via a Windows client and/or browser.

In the Deluge proxy setup documentation, it says to fill in all four proxy settings (peer, web seed, tracket, and DHT) with the same information.

If I do this, however, my deluged service crashes shortly after adding a torrent file. After much research and experimentation, I have it working if I ONLY fill in the Tracker section with my TorGuard credentials, leaving the others set to None.

From what I've read, the version of libtorrent underneath Deluge will use the one setting for ALL of them. Checking my IP with checkmytorrentip.com and torguard.net/checkmytorrentipaddress.php seems to confirm the proxy is working, but I just wanted to ask and confirm that even though I don't have the Peer, Web Seed, and DHT proxy settings set up in Deluge, my traffic is still going through the TorGuard proxy and not leaking anywhere.

Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks.

7 answers to this question

Support

Hey there

This means only tracker communication is proxied, no peers or DHT which leaves you wide open.

Does the checkmytorrentip torrent show the proxy IP ? what version of libtorrent are you running ? we recommend 016 +

Regards

Ok, I'll try setting all the proxy settings again and see if I can keep deluged from crashing. The version of libtorrent I have is libtorrent-rasterbar7-0.16.11-1ubuntu1.

Support

Ok that version should be fine with UDP i would imagine - have you done any debugging, checking logs to see if theres any clues as to why its crashing ?

Regards

Not sure what I did but I kept playing around with the settings and now I have all four proxy settings set on the daemon (using the IP address, not the DNS name of the proxy server) and it seems to be working.

Support

Good stuff - thanks for letting us know! :)

I have the same setup and can't get the proxy to work it seems like it crashes my whole system when i add a magnet link in. I have been reading there is a problem with libtorrent0.16 which is a deluge dependency and i have been trying for 2 days to get it working, how were yu able to get it working?

Support

Hello Matt

What proxy do you have set currently ?

Regards