TorGuard
klepp0906

Stuck on WAIT

Rate this question

Question

klepp0906

so apart from the rare disconnect, ive never had a problem with torguard.

I connect via a custom config through chicago and all was business as usual.  I went afk to watch some netflix and after a bit i decided to stream some games (from the pc running the vpn) and the client on my tv told me i was offline.

thought it was odd so came to look at my PC, and the vpn says WAIT.

I disconnected and tried to reconnect.   WAIT.

I tried to dump the custom config and just connect to cookie cutter chicago - WAIT.

I tried a different route (in this case New York) and all was fine.

Can only surmise chicago is down/having problems atm?

• Like 1

12 answers to this question

klepp0906

this morning was able to connect again.  then ping increased, diisconnected, and back to wait.

you guys having problems w/ chicago?

utorp

i'm getting the exact same thing with Germany, L.A.(asia optimized), Iceland and Luxembourg, it's been happening for a couple of weeks and is becoming very tiring as i'm now down to L.A. server only.

Support
On 3/13/2019 at 10:51 AM, utorp said:

i'm getting the exact same thing with Germany, L.A.(asia optimized), Iceland and Luxembourg, it's been happening for a couple of weeks and is becoming very tiring as i'm now down to L.A. server only.

It could be some older servers are still in your cache, what version are you running? try going to --> more settings... --> network tab --> and click refresh cache, then re-test

Regards

Andy

Karellen

I am also having this problem.  I can connect to some US servers with little issue on the East and West coast but not my dedicated on the West coast.  I have tried with latest version of client as well as 3.90.0.  UDP will hang on WAIT while TCP will hang on TCP_CONNECT.  I cleared the cache per instructions with no improvement.  I also removed my dedicated IP server entry and recreated it with no improvement.

Do not work:

• San Diego (my dedicated)
  • San Francisco
  • Chicago

Work:

• Seattle
  • Las Vegas
  • New Jersey

Support
On 4/3/2019 at 1:10 AM, Karellen said:

I am also having this problem.  I can connect to some US servers with little issue on the East and West coast but not my dedicated on the West coast.  I have tried with latest version of client as well as 3.90.0.  UDP will hang on WAIT while TCP will hang on TCP_CONNECT.  I cleared the cache per instructions with no improvement.  I also removed my dedicated IP server entry and recreated it with no improvement.

Do not work:

• San Diego (my dedicated)
  • San Francisco
  • Chicago

Work:

• Seattle
  • Las Vegas
  • New Jersey

Strange, could i send you a test build to test with? i'm sure this solves a lot of these issues.

Radd

just wanted to add that I too had similar issues and at about the same time period as everyone else posting here ... it lasted about 3 weeks or so, but now seems almost back to normal ... maybe aliens?  ... i dunno

Support
21 hours ago, Radd said:

just wanted to add that I too had similar issues and at about the same time period as everyone else posting here ... it lasted about 3 weeks or so, but now seems almost back to normal ... maybe aliens?  ... i dunno

Normally this can happen if we change IP's, you just need to update your DNS cache within the app or it will update when your ISP updates its own cache

Regards

stu111

Hi Guys, on windows 10 there was an update. while starting the laptop. I can not use torguard because it says to every server connection, waiting then reconnecting.

Someone said update DNS, how do i do that on the app. nothing under DNS says update?

Support
2 hours ago, stu111 said:

Hi Guys, on windows 10 there was an update. while starting the laptop. I can not use torguard because it says to every server connection, waiting then reconnecting.

Someone said update DNS, how do i do that on the app. nothing under DNS says update?

Hi Stu, please reinstall the app from here https://torguard.net/downloads.php

this will resolve your problem.

Regards

Support
On 8/12/2019 at 7:06 AM, PaymentTypes said:

NO IT DOESNT!

Well, it depends on the problem your facing - in cases where certificate or cache was the problem then yes this will solve that problem.

eseesladoshama

I am having this same issue with my dedicated NY server

ISSUE RESOLVED BY SUBMITTING TICKET

Edited by eseesladoshama
ISSUE RESOLVED BY SUBMITTING TICKET