TorGuard

Stuck on WAIT

Rate this question

klepp0906

Question

so apart from the rare disconnect, ive never had a problem with torguard.

I connect via a custom config through chicago and all was business as usual.  I went afk to watch some netflix and after a bit i decided to stream some games (from the pc running the vpn) and the client on my tv told me i was offline.

thought it was odd so came to look at my PC, and the vpn says WAIT.

I disconnected and tried to reconnect.   WAIT.

I tried to dump the custom config and just connect to cookie cutter chicago - WAIT.

I tried a different route (in this case New York) and all was fine.

Can only surmise chicago is down/having problems atm?

• Like 1

21 answers to this question

i'm getting the exact same thing with Germany, L.A.(asia optimized), Iceland and Luxembourg, it's been happening for a couple of weeks and is becoming very tiring as i'm now down to L.A. server only.

On 3/13/2019 at 10:51 AM, utorp said:

i'm getting the exact same thing with Germany, L.A.(asia optimized), Iceland and Luxembourg, it's been happening for a couple of weeks and is becoming very tiring as i'm now down to L.A. server only.

It could be some older servers are still in your cache, what version are you running? try going to --> more settings... --> network tab --> and click refresh cache, then re-test

Regards

Andy

I am also having this problem.  I can connect to some US servers with little issue on the East and West coast but not my dedicated on the West coast.  I have tried with latest version of client as well as 3.90.0.  UDP will hang on WAIT while TCP will hang on TCP_CONNECT.  I cleared the cache per instructions with no improvement.  I also removed my dedicated IP server entry and recreated it with no improvement.

Do not work:

• San Diego (my dedicated)
  • San Francisco
  • Chicago

Work:

• Seattle
  • Las Vegas
  • New Jersey

On 4/3/2019 at 1:10 AM, Karellen said:

I am also having this problem.  I can connect to some US servers with little issue on the East and West coast but not my dedicated on the West coast.  I have tried with latest version of client as well as 3.90.0.  UDP will hang on WAIT while TCP will hang on TCP_CONNECT.  I cleared the cache per instructions with no improvement.  I also removed my dedicated IP server entry and recreated it with no improvement.

Do not work:

• San Diego (my dedicated)
  • San Francisco
  • Chicago

Work:

• Seattle
  • Las Vegas
  • New Jersey

Strange, could i send you a test build to test with? i'm sure this solves a lot of these issues.

just wanted to add that I too had similar issues and at about the same time period as everyone else posting here ... it lasted about 3 weeks or so, but now seems almost back to normal ... maybe aliens?  ... i dunno

21 hours ago, Radd said:

just wanted to add that I too had similar issues and at about the same time period as everyone else posting here ... it lasted about 3 weeks or so, but now seems almost back to normal ... maybe aliens?  ... i dunno

Normally this can happen if we change IP's, you just need to update your DNS cache within the app or it will update when your ISP updates its own cache

Regards

Hi Guys, on windows 10 there was an update. while starting the laptop. I can not use torguard because it says to every server connection, waiting then reconnecting.

Someone said update DNS, how do i do that on the app. nothing under DNS says update?

2 hours ago, stu111 said:

Hi Guys, on windows 10 there was an update. while starting the laptop. I can not use torguard because it says to every server connection, waiting then reconnecting.

Someone said update DNS, how do i do that on the app. nothing under DNS says update?

Hi Stu, please reinstall the app from here https://torguard.net/downloads.php

this will resolve your problem.

Regards

On 8/12/2019 at 7:06 AM, PaymentTypes said:

NO IT DOESNT!

Well, it depends on the problem your facing - in cases where certificate or cache was the problem then yes this will solve that problem.

I am having this same issue with my dedicated NY server

ISSUE RESOLVED BY SUBMITTING TICKET

Edited by eseesladoshama
ISSUE RESOLVED BY SUBMITTING TICKET

I was in New Zealand 11/8-11/18, and I couldn't connect to the New Zealand server the entire time I was there (I only used my Android phone). I only used UDP, but it just stayed stuck on "WAIT". I had to flip through a number of countries (many said "WAIT") before getting it to work.

On 8/13/2019 at 5:05 AM, Support said:

Well, it depends on the problem your facing - in cases where certificate or cache was the problem then yes this will solve that problem.

I tried reinstalling and that did not solve my problem. My VPN will not connect to any server, it is stuck on "WAIT"

12 hours ago, s0uthstar said:

I tried reinstalling and that did not solve my problem. My VPN will not connect to any server, it is stuck on "WAIT"

Have you tried with TCP?  WAIT can mean that either the IP is blocked you cannot resolve DNS or the port can be blocked via UDP or TCP even, we have multiple ports, it's best you cycle through them.

Regards

On 1/11/2020 at 5:00 AM, Support said:

Have you tried with TCP?  WAIT can mean that either the IP is blocked you cannot resolve DNS or the port can be blocked via UDP or TCP even, we have multiple ports, it's best you cycle through them.

Regards

Tried both UDP and TCP, neither option will connect to any servers. Also tried a full reinstall. Still stuck on WAIT.

I am having the same problem on all servers. It started with the US servers before the WAIT problem seems to have effected all of the servers I try on all ports with the DNS cache cleared & refreshed. I have got this problem on 2 seperate computers & tried on two totally different services but all I get is WAIT.

I'm having the same problem as well. No matter what server I pick, it never connects. "WAIT" and then flashes "reconnecting" briefly and back to "WAIT" with any/all servers I select. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Checked subscription status and it's valid and active.

Update: just tried on another computer and it connected. Issue is on my end on this specific computer. Will see what I can try to resolve.

Update 2: connects when connected to internet via wifi but not wired ethernet...

Update 3: restarted my router, switch, and computer and it now connects via wired or wireless connection. Sorry for the post.

Mods feel free to delete.

I am having a similar issue in that it is disconnecting and then getting stuck on a "WAIT" connection. \

I am having is that it does it while i am actively using my computer and torguard would be connected.  Ill notice that my torguard has disconnected to the "WAIT" phase normally when I go to save my work or open an existing/new internet browser tab and then it times out (which deletes the work i was doing by the way.  So thats Fun...).  This happens with any of the countries or cities within the US that i have tried.
Also when I disconnect from Torguards server, it does not allow me to reconnect until i force quitting the program and then reopen it so it can connect automatically on program startup. 

I have cleaned and refreshed my DNS through the torguard application and also flushed my own DNS cache via CLI. 

I have reinstalled the application with the February 11th 2021 release a few times now and nothing has changed.  If anything it has gotten worse.  

A few things i noticed with the application prior compared to it having these issues;
1. The Wireguard servers and checkbox in the settings were missing. Its as if Wireguard doesn't exist on the application

2. The push notification from Torguard about the DNS and how we had to disable or uncheck a certain part within the Network settings was when this issue started.  Another thing that started along with this change to the settings is that upon program starting it will state that it would be implementing additional security to the firewall and if I was to terminate the connection that it would have to turn the firewall off leaving me unproteceted.

3. When a certain static DNS source was chosen it would not allow me to Refresh the DNS and would have to Abort.  A couple times resulted in the application crashing and Not Responding.

4. The Refresh Servers button did not seem to be refreshing the server base.

Ive never had this type of issue with Torguard before and I have schilled you guys to a lot of people boasting about how great you guys are and the security/opsec that is used to ensure encryptions.  I would really rather not have to look for another provider.  

Found a Fix for my slew of issues.  It was literally just Resetting all settings to default.

Wireguard shows up now, servers are working and also DNS can be cleaned and refreshed.  Servers can be refreshed too now.