TorGuard
Marcio K

Android TV (MiBox) problems

Rate this question

Question

Hello, 

Just sideloaded the TorGuard Android app (downloaded from the site, it does not appear in the  Google Play store) and installed it in my MiBox (which runs Android TV 8.0). Opened the app and connected in the US Miami server, but when using the Youtube App, lots of contents are still region locked (SNL last videos, for example).

Netflix does not work also (but I've read that you need a dedicated IP to work); but the same Youtube locked content appears ok in my computer, using the same TorGuard server.

There are any additional setups to the AndroidTV client to not be region locked?

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

On 1/26/2019 at 1:11 PM, Marcio K said:

Hello, 

Just sideloaded the TorGuard Android app (downloaded from the site, it does not appear in the  Google Play store) and installed it in my MiBox (which runs Android TV 8.0). Opened the app and connected in the US Miami server, but when using the Youtube App, lots of contents are still region locked (SNL last videos, for example).

Netflix does not work also (but I've read that you need a dedicated IP to work); but the same Youtube locked content appears ok in my computer, using the same TorGuard server.

There are any additional setups to the AndroidTV client to not be region locked?

Thanks.

I believe the youtube app may hardcode there DNS - do you have any services located under settings  > additional settings > privacy  > location - make sure no google services that use GPS are enabled.

Regards