TorGuard
frederick_the_ur-fiend

Deluge not downloading through split tunnel - setup or IP problem?

Rate this question

Question

frederick_the_ur-fiend

I have Deluge configured on Ubuntu 18.04 to send traffic through the VPN, using a split tunnel (can provide more details if needed). I have two torrents added currently; one tracker has a "Connection timed out" error, the other is working ("Announce OK"). When adding a torrent, it spikes to almost expected speeds, but quickly drops to zero. Occasionally both torrents will spike to the expected speed (at the same time) for ~1 s, then stop again. Is this likely due to a problem with the set up of the tunnel (port forwards, etc.) or an issue related to the shared IP? Are there any tests that might be useful in diagnosing the issue?

2 answers to this question

Support
On 1/16/2019 at 11:08 PM, frederick_the_ur-fiend said:

I have Deluge configured on Ubuntu 18.04 to send traffic through the VPN, using a split tunnel (can provide more details if needed). I have two torrents added currently; one tracker has a "Connection timed out" error, the other is working ("Announce OK"). When adding a torrent, it spikes to almost expected speeds, but quickly drops to zero. Occasionally both torrents will spike to the expected speed (at the same time) for ~1 s, then stop again. Is this likely due to a problem with the set up of the tunnel (port forwards, etc.) or an issue related to the shared IP? Are there any tests that might be useful in diagnosing the issue?

Sorry for the delay, can you provide more details on your split-tunnel setup? thanks

frederick_the_ur-fiend

No problem, I got help through the ticket system. Turns out it was a local filesystem permissions issue.