TorGuard

Rate this topic

Looking for suggestions for getting a router preloaded from Torguard. Household use. 4 adults using smartphones to connect, 1 computer, 2 TVs streaming Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Would like some suggestions on which router to get. Ease of setting up to Dedicated IP with Torguard. 

21 hours ago, TL Cottone said:

Looking for suggestions for getting a router preloaded from Torguard. Household use. 4 adults using smartphones to connect, 1 computer, 2 TVs streaming Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Would like some suggestions on which router to get. Ease of setting up to Dedicated IP with Torguard. 

If you can afford it and want the best possible performance from any commercial router we have tested I would suggest the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 or the standard AC5300

Regards

MMhh  I am not so sure about the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300.

The ASUS 86U is about half the price and has the same CPU, thus theoretically the same OpenVPN throughput and it's supported by merlin too.

@support:

did you test the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 and the 86U as well?

Could you post your results? I am curious and might be intrigued to get a new router....

Any chance of seeing your testing set up and settings? Tests with original firmware and/or merlin?

kind regards

46 minutes ago, balexter said:

MMhh  I am not so sure about the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300.

The ASUS 86U is about half the price and has the same CPU, thus theoretically the same OpenVPN throughput and it's supported by merlin too.

@support:

did you test the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 and the 86U as well?

Could you post your results? I am curious and might be intrigued to get a new router....

Any chance of seeing your testing set up and settings? Tests with original firmware and/or merlin?

kind regards

I haven't personally tested the ASUS 86U but the ROG is a quad-core, to the dual-core 86U, the quad-core will split the load between the 4 cores opposed to the 2 on the 86U., of course, OpenVPN is not threaded but the ROS CPU is less taxed by standard services.

Regards