TorGuard
stuck

Locked out of my portal from 2FA unable to get support

Rate this question

Question

Does anyone know how to get support when you're locked out of your account due to enabling 2FA?  

I reset my phone and my Google authenticator lost the 2FA encryption key.  Unfortunately, I am unable to find my backup codes.  I'm unable to submit a ticket due to being locked out of my account.

I have also left several phone messages on the support phone with no response...  Very disappointed with the support from them...

2 answers to this question

Oh dear, that's not good. Have you tried live chat support applet on each web site / forum page? I'd imagine if you can provide proof of email account access or ID then there's no reason why they shouldn't let you back in.

You've run into the same problem I had once with Google Authenticator. Ditch it and use Authy - you can have it back up to the cloud and sync across multiple devices. It's not perfect, but it's far better than Google Authenticator. Another alternative is Microsoft Authenticator.

On 1/3/2019 at 7:48 PM, stuck said:

Does anyone know how to get support when you're locked out of your account due to enabling 2FA?  

I reset my phone and my Google authenticator lost the 2FA encryption key.  Unfortunately, I am unable to find my backup codes.  I'm unable to submit a ticket due to being locked out of my account.

I have also left several phone messages on the support phone with no response...  Very disappointed with the support from them...

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that, from our support page you can email our support desk through email helpdesk{at}torguard.net  if you have no account or access to one  - you can also open a ticket by emailing support{at}torguard.net from the email you have registered on your torguard account and this will open a support ticket for you.

If you still need help, please PM me with your email address and  i will get that sorted for you with proper account verification of course.

Regards