TorGuard
OldCoder

TG Android Client won't connect on boot, Nvidia Shield

Question

OldCoder

I spent all day yesterday trying various combinations of 'tick boxes' on the TG Android client on my Nvidia Shield in order that it will connect the VPN  'on boot' and it just would NOT do it.  Never got to try out the situation of  'Connect on wake-up'  but I suspect this would be just as disappointing.

In the end I had to use the OpenVPN app (which has an awful UI !!)  and import various .ovpn files.  My Nvidia Shield now connects to VPN on boot perfectly.

Is this a known problem for this app?  If so, is it likely to be fixed any time soon.

Cheers

1 answer to this question

Support
On 12/9/2018 at 11:58 AM, OldCoder said:

I spent all day yesterday trying various combinations of 'tick boxes' on the TG Android client on my Nvidia Shield in order that it will connect the VPN  'on boot' and it just would NOT do it.  Never got to try out the situation of  'Connect on wake-up'  but I suspect this would be just as disappointing.

In the end I had to use the OpenVPN app (which has an awful UI !!)  and import various .ovpn files.  My Nvidia Shield now connects to VPN on boot perfectly.

Is this a known problem for this app?  If so, is it likely to be fixed any time soon.

Cheers

Hello,

We are aware of the problem and will have this fixed in our next release.

Regards