TorGuard
TorGuard Admin

Poll: VPN Server Requests

Rate this topic

TorGuard Admin

Members,

Due to increased demand, we are rapidly expanding our VPN/Proxy network with newly added servers in the Netherlands, Canada, France, USA and Iceland.

In the coming months clients will notice many new connection locations and servers. This begs the question - what new VPN locations would YOU like us to add first?

Feel free to post your VPN server requests on this thread and participate in the poll below

I believe Sweden should be prioritised over Denmark and Finland, mainly due to its larger population.

Krakers

I am looking for a VPN package that includes Poland. I think the Torguard VPN subscription I have used the last 12 months has been fantastic and would recommend it to anyone that has no preference of VPN location or if a preferred country is already on the list of VPN locations.

That said, for me having a VPN server located in Poland will be a significant factor in selecting my next annual subscription.

With the possible exception of Egypt, Poland has the highest diaspora of the current votes listed. Anywhere from 10 - 20 million people.

Having a Polish VPN server would greatly increase the likelihood of new subscribers looking to access Polish content currently controlled by Geo IP restrictions.

It would also ensure I renew my subscription without hesitation for another year :)

TorGuard Admin

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Your requests for new locations will shape our expansion over the coming weeks.

In the coming week we will be adding new locations in Finland, Poland and Sweden.

Keep the requests coming :)

Please don't forget about us Australians, we also need somewhere close to us to connect, not just Europe and USA. Is the new Hong Kong for torrents?

Please don't forget about us Australians, we also need somewhere close to us to connect, not just Europe and USA. Is the new Hong Kong for torrents?

Hi Smokie,

I'm Australian too.

Torguard do have a Australian VPN server, but you will need to contact support to get access to it and it does not allow torrents.

They keep this one a secret because the bandwidth costs charged by data centre providers here in Australia are massive compared to other countries.

For your torrents:

Officially, the closest location where torrents are allowed geographically is Russia. You should get around the same speeds from Canada in reality though.

In my testing, torrents will work on Singapore if you get a Singapore IP address (check with whoer.net or iplocation.net after you connect) but most servers in the Singapore pool give you a US IP.

*edit* Connecting to 206.190.159.113 gives you a Singapore IP, but connecting to 173.255.143.206 gives you a US IP (in Utah). It's better to use another server and not take the risk, unless you happen to find your ping is extremely low. For me it's about 385ms, I can get better to Russia or Canada with a lower ping than that.'

Torrents will also work on Japan, but the windows config files state torrents are not allowed (as does my servers and the manual *.ovpn config files).

You will get better speeds from Canada anyway, so it's not worth the risk of Torguard suspending your account.

The NZ servers don't have a "NO P2P/Torrents" tag but on "my servers" it says NZ is not allowed for P2P, so that contradicts. I'm not therefore sure if NZ is torrents allowed or not.

The best server for Autralians is the Canada UDP, followed by Russia UDP, Romania UDP and Stealth UDP (which will either give you a Canadian or Netherlands IP).

I was using Canada on Optus 3G last night (on a train) and got over 10mbps down so I was very happy with that.

In terms of privacy laws, the best countries for VPNs in our region are: Hong Kong, Japan, and Taiwan. I have no idea why Torguard do not allow torrents through Hong Kong and Japan because both of these countries do not have data retention laws and as everybody knows, the term "copyright infringement" doesn't translate into mandarin too well.

I'd say Hong Kong isn't allowed because they want it free for mainland China users to be able to use for general browsing. Only torguard can answer that though. It's a shame because some Australian ISP will get sub-150ms pings to Hong Kong.

Hope that helps you out a bit :)

Jason

I would really like to see one more torrents allowed country in South east Asia. I'm not sure if the phillipines would be torrents allowed. Taiwan would be great though. Maybe South Korea could be another option.

Krakers

In the coming week we will be adding new locations in Finland, Poland and Sweden.

Keep the requests coming :)

I was curious if there was any further news on the additional locations. Thanks.

@Krakers: Sweden has just been added - there are now 5 Swedish servers, as per this blog post:

http://torguard.net/blog/fast-sweden-vpn-new-swedish-torrent-vpn-service/

Poland has also been added also, in the "My Servers" page you will see the city of Gdynia in Poland now has a VPN.

I note that neither of these updates has yet flowed through to the OpenVPN configuration files zip which is also what the Android, Windows and Mac clients use to update their server lists. Sweden is still in the configuration but if you drill down into the *.ovpn configuration file you find that it only has 1 IP address whereas 5 servers are now available.

I cannot see Finland anywhere.

Torguard Staff: When will the OpenVPN config zip file be updated please?

Also I had suggested that the config files the Android client downloads should be updated to show the "NO P2P/Torrents" tag but this is not yet showing in the android application. A TG staff member said this would be included with the next update.

What a shame that Swedish servers don't work too well down here in Australia. (due to the distance)

Further to my request to have more Asian servers, there is a news article out today pointing out the copyright infringement portion of the Trans Pacific Partnership between Australia, the US, Canada, Japan, Mexico, Peru, Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunei, Chile, New Zealand, and Singapore.

So possible Asian countries NOT included in that agreement:

Hong Kong

Taiwan

Indonesia

Cambodia

Sri Lanka

Thailand

Phillipines

I note that several torguard competitors already allow torrents through Hong Kong - perhaps torguard could add a server specific to P2P/Torrents, leaving the existing one for mainland china residents wanting to get out?

Hong Kong and Taiwan would be particularly good as neither has a data retention law. They are also not signatories to the Anti Counterfeiting Trade Agreement.

I note also that torguard used to have servers in India but they went missing, I wonder what happened?

Could someone from torguard please answer the possibility of us having a server for torrents somewhere in Asia? I believe I have demonstrated there are a range of possibilities.

Support

Hey Guys

Sorry for the delays..

First thing, i will get the OpenVPN Zip files and Android file names updated today, i will also add Finland to the server status page :)

Accept our apologies we have been working on releasing our SSTP servers which will be released today.

India will be added back again this week and i will remove our rules and allow torrents through our Hong Kong servers, i will try get this done today aswell :)

We will also see about releasing some new Asian servers, i will have a look.

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

Regards

Thank YOU for the fantastic reply, I could not have asked for better.

Please know that I for one appreciate the work that Torguard puts in to keeping us safe online.

I have been with Torguard for a number of years and even though I like trying many other VPN providers, Torguard is still one of the best. :)

TorGuard Admin

Hi everyone,

We have now pushed an update to the android app with all new VPN locations added. This includes roughly one hundred new locations and IP's across all of TorGuard's VPN servers.

We have also added "No Torrent" labels to server locations which are not optimized for p2p.

@jjcoolaus, thank you for your feedback and suggestions. Our development team is currently sourcing partners in these countries who are able to meet our strict hardware and bandwidth requirements. Please watch our blog and twitter for more updates :)

Best Regards

@Support1: Thank you so much for the android update.

This had the side effect of fixing Singapore which was connecting ok but couldn't receive any data in android for several months.

With the new IPs it's like having a whole new location. I'll look forward to another update once India returns and the no torrent rule is removed from Hong Kong.

Cheers,

Jason

Support

Hey jjcoolaus

We fixed the Singapore server that was not passing any traffic :)

India will be back through week and HK torrent rules are now removed.

Best Regards

Hey everyone,

I'd love to see an Egypt server which would allow users to log into BEIN sports website/apps to watch every English premier league football match. This could be a huge selling point for people looking to use this and I'd imagine there would be a huge demand for it.

I have visited various forums and everyone seems to have signed up with one of your competitors because they have the Egypt server/smart DNS.

I love the Torguard service and numbers of/locations of servers but the addition of an Egypt server would be everything I could ever want from a provider!

Cheers guys

Denny

A 'stealth' option in the USA would be a great addition.

Support

@ P J

Egypt server noted, we will have one soon :)

@ DennyD

Stealth option will be added by Wednesday in LA :)

Regards

Awesome to hear about the egypt server! I was planning to buy a service with an egypt server this weekend but thought I'd check back here before I did...I'll be waiting until it's active here! Any ideas how long until something will be in place?

Support

Hey P J

Egypt coming here shortly, we just querying with a couple of DC's and then we will take our pick.

Hopefully this coming week we will see Egypt :)

Regards

Hi I'm in Australia and I read you have a vpn server here but I can't find it in the list I have try nearly all on the list and there to slow all around 0.70kbps download and .23kbps upload not good for me

Support

Hi Guys

We have added Egypt :)

@Bitm8

You can request them on our support desk :)

Regards

Hi

I've just tried to look for details of the Egypt server but can't find it anywhere! Any chance you could email me the details?

Thanks

P J

Support

Hi P J - how are you connecting to the VPN ?

It will auto update on both Tg Lite and TorGuard Viscosity.

Regards

I think I was too quick off the mark! I'm using openvpn and have now found the details.

I'm struggling to upload the certificate to my iPhone - any ideas? The profile has added via iTunes but the certificate doesn't.

Cheers

P J

Support

Hi PJ

I will update the openvpn iOS zip with the Egypt server tonight :)

Regards