TorGuard
saturnotaku

OpenVPN and Microsoft services (OneDrive, Office 365, W10 App Store)

Rate this question

Question

saturnotaku

I'm a user of Office 365, which includes OneDrive cloud storage. When connected to a VPN with the OpenVPN protocol, the Office apps don't think that I'm logged into my account. When I try to log in, it kicks back an error message. I can post a screenshot when I'm back in front of that computer. Also, I cannot browse or download items from the Windows 10 app store when connected either. The error from that says I'm not connected to the Internet at all. A workaround is to use OpenConnect or L2TP, but obviously I'd rather use OpenVPN if at all possible. 

Note the above is not specific to TorGuard, as I've experienced the same issues with other VPN services. If support or a member of this community has any insight as to a different workaround, I'd appreciate it.

3 answers to this question

The pawn

I have the same problem.

balexter

Hey,

I am using Torguard with Onedrive, Acronis Cloud and Dropbox.

Absolutely no problems or errors. I didnt even set up anything special. All worked out of the box both with OpenVPN and OpenConnect.

Support
On 11/8/2018 at 2:58 PM, saturnotaku said:

I'm a user of Office 365, which includes OneDrive cloud storage. When connected to a VPN with the OpenVPN protocol, the Office apps don't think that I'm logged into my account. When I try to log in, it kicks back an error message. I can post a screenshot when I'm back in front of that computer. Also, I cannot browse or download items from the Windows 10 app store when connected either. The error from that says I'm not connected to the Internet at all. A workaround is to use OpenConnect or L2TP, but obviously I'd rather use OpenVPN if at all possible. 

Note the above is not specific to TorGuard, as I've experienced the same issues with other VPN services. If support or a member of this community has any insight as to a different workaround, I'd appreciate it.

On 2/17/2019 at 9:42 AM, The pawn said:

I have the same problem.

Have you guys tried switching to tunnel type openconnect? some users report changing the tunnel type helped with any issues regarding Microsoft software/services.

Regards