Question

== Release v1.1.40, 2018-10-20

* Bug fix: Stealth Proxy could not reconnect

The Stealth Proxies, a feature introduced in version 1.1.36,
 where not able to reconnect.

* STunnel added

The STunnel feature will obfuscate the data with an additional
 SSL tunnel. In order to activate it, the user should check the
 "Use STunnel" option and then select the TCP protocol.

* Supporting Oreo and Pie

Internal changes were done in order to follow the new technical
 the standard required by Android 8.0 and Android 9.0

* Disabling "Reconnect when the screen is back on" option in Android Oreo and Pie

This option works in conjunction with "Disconnect when the screen is off",
 and automatically reconnect the VPN when the screen is turned on.
 Unfortunately, the current implementation is not compatible with Android Oreo and Pie

Downloads

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Nice work guys. A few things I noticed.

1. Stealth proxy server selection sub menu doesn't scroll up fully.

2. Using Always On VPN---> block connection without VPN invalidates restricted app exclusion. For example, previously, I had a few apps that only worked with ISP's IP address. So I had them excluded in the restricted apps section in settings. Now with Always on VPN they can't seem to connect to the internet. Interestingly, this works on Arne Schwabe's OpenVPN app.

3. With Stunnel enabled, "verified" no longer appears under "connected". The remote IP address is displayed instead.

Sad to see reconnect go! Hope you guys find something else silmilar to OpenVPN connect's battery saver option.

Cheers again for the new release!

8 hours ago, Marco said:

Nice work guys. A few things I noticed.

1. Stealth proxy server selection sub menu doesn't scroll up fully.

2. Using Always On VPN---> block connection without VPN invalidates restricted app exclusion. For example, previously, I had a few apps that only worked with ISP's IP address. So I had them excluded in the restricted apps section in settings. Now with Always on VPN they can't seem to connect to the internet. Interestingly, this works on Arne Schwabe's OpenVPN app.

3. With Stunnel enabled, "verified" no longer appears under "connected". The remote IP address is displayed instead.

Sad to see reconnect go! Hope you guys find something else silmilar to OpenVPN connect's battery saver option.

Cheers again for the new release!

Marco

Thanks again or your input, I will pass these over to our devs to have a look.

Best Regards

• Like 1

Hi 

Any chance you will make it available for android TV, on google play, I have no problem in sideload it, just like to auto update it,

Thanks

Dan

Hi @Support,

Found another cosmetic problem with new update. The TorGuard icon in the notification bar is almost invisible when it is behind a white background. You can see the problem I am trying to describe in action in this album I have linked. I believe the icon is not being adaptive? The Play Store updated apps icon is on the other hand is being adaptive in the images I have provided.

Kindly have a look.

With regards

On 11/1/2018 at 2:42 PM, Dan_C said:

Hi 

Any chance you will make it available for android TV, on google play, I have no problem in sideload it, just like to auto update it,

Thanks

Dan

Checking with our devs this out, it should be already.

On 11/2/2018 at 12:20 PM, Marco said:

Hi @Support,

Found another cosmetic problem with new update. The TorGuard icon in the notification bar is almost invisible when it is behind a white background. You can see the problem I am trying to describe in action in this album I have linked. I believe the icon is not being adaptive? The Play Store updated apps icon is on the other hand is being adaptive in the images I have provided.

Kindly have a look.

With regards

Will check this too Marco - thanks again

• Like 1

Hell folks at TG,

On 10/30/2018 at 6:52 PM, Support said:

* Disabling "Reconnect when the screen is back on" option in Android Oreo and Pie

This option works in conjunction with "Disconnect when the screen is off",
 and automatically reconnect the VPN when the screen is turned on.
 Unfortunately, the current implementation is not compatible with Android Oreo and Pie

I am on a Samsung S7 edge with Oreo (8.0) and this feature worked just fine for me.

To be honest this feature was what brought me to use a VPN on my android again (battery drain was just to much beforehand). 

Can you please reenable it and let user decide if they activate it or disable it if it's not working?

Regards