TorGuard

Tried the recomended fixes with no luck

Rate this question

Rump-Shaker

Question

Directly hooked up to the modem im getting 100 down and 50 up. After connecting with torguard VPN im getting speeds no better than 20Mbs. I have tried open vpn and got 10Mbs. I then changed some settings per the instructions form live chat and got 2 Mbs. I tried PPTP and L2TP and still nothing over 20Mbs. I tried connecting to multiple servers to include the ones in my state with same results. My linksys 1900acs router is brand new with dd-wrt flashed. Im at a loss as to why my speeds are 75%+ slower than what they should be. In addition, since i got the service last week, every time i come home after work, my internet has been lost. The red light on my router stays on until i unplug the router and plug it back in which i regain internet service. Anyone have any suggestions? I have been going based on the guide as well as suggestions from the live chat. Im starting to think the service is flawed but i would assume there are plenty of people on this forum that could attest the opposite. If anyone can provide some insight/suggestions..... Thanks in advance.

1 answer to this question

On 10/19/2018 at 12:36 AM, Rump-Shaker said:

Directly hooked up to the modem im getting 100 down and 50 up. After connecting with torguard VPN im getting speeds no better than 20Mbs. I have tried open vpn and got 10Mbs. I then changed some settings per the instructions form live chat and got 2 Mbs. I tried PPTP and L2TP and still nothing over 20Mbs. I tried connecting to multiple servers to include the ones in my state with same results. My linksys 1900acs router is brand new with dd-wrt flashed. Im at a loss as to why my speeds are 75%+ slower than what they should be. In addition, since i got the service last week, every time i come home after work, my internet has been lost. The red light on my router stays on until i unplug the router and plug it back in which i regain internet service. Anyone have any suggestions? I have been going based on the guide as well as suggestions from the live chat. Im starting to think the service is flawed but i would assume there are plenty of people on this forum that could attest the opposite. If anyone can provide some insight/suggestions..... Thanks in advance.

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear of your troubles,  are you connecting to locations close to you or further away? is it a streaming IP or a shared IP? what country do you connect from?

There are so many factors in speed loss, sometimes some DD-WRt builds are at fault, sometimes it can be the routers CPU but on this router I would expect to see more than your seeing, i see when using OpenVPN your speed reduces by half, does the same happen if you connect via your desktop or another device?

Regards