TorGuard

Progress or Solution on Enable Torguard Stealth on Router

Rate this question

Question

Dear Support,

I submitted a ticket before regarding setting up Torguard in any compatible router using Stealth port. I was told by the tech this is only supported on DD-WRT firmware versions r24xx to r29xx. (Don’t know why)

I read through the official documentations about the related instructions, none of which mentioned enabling stealth feature. 

In the OpenVPN configuration generator tool, stealth port is not an option. Also, as far as I know the stealth feature uses direct IP of the server rather than the domain name.

What is Torguard's plan and progress about this issue? Will Torguard develop or update the instruction document for the clients, which is easy to read and operate.

By the way, I am currently in China and has been happy with Torguard for the price and the product. It is not urgent; I just want to know how I can make Torguard more effective and efficient. 

Thank you for your support and attention.

image.thumb.png.1b1e07dda4273a0a85aadfeae7bd5de8.png

1 answer to this question

Support
On 10/13/2018 at 10:22 AM, online said:

Dear Support,

I submitted a ticket before regarding setting up Torguard in any compatible router using Stealth port. I was told by the tech this is only supported on DD-WRT firmware versions r24xx to r29xx. (Don’t know why)

I read through the official documentations about the related instructions, none of which mentioned enabling stealth feature. 

In the OpenVPN configuration generator tool, stealth port is not an option. Also, as far as I know the stealth feature uses direct IP of the server rather than the domain name.

What is Torguard's plan and progress about this issue? Will Torguard develop or update the instruction document for the clients, which is easy to read and operate.

By the way, I am currently in China and has been happy with Torguard for the price and the product. It is not urgent; I just want to know how I can make Torguard more effective and efficient. 

Thank you for your support and attention.

image.thumb.png.1b1e07dda4273a0a85aadfeae7bd5de8.png

Hello

Stealth requires a custom patched binary and so will not work in just any OpenVPN client or router firmware, the build versions we mention include the patched binary for stealth in DD-WRT.

In the config generator, you need to select DD-WRT to enable the stealth option.

Regards