TorGuard
Jose

Residential ip speed

Rate this question

Question

Jose

I have a question, a month ago I tried a dedicated IP in Michigan and in my opinion the speed of my internet was reduced a little, the residential ip of Oakland will reduce my speed if I am in Colombia since Oakland has no route with Latin America?

5 answers to this question

Support
On 10/3/2018 at 11:28 PM, Jose said:

I have a question, a month ago I tried a dedicated IP in Michigan and in my opinion the speed of my internet was reduced a little, the residential ip of Oakland will reduce my speed if I am in Colombia since Oakland has no route with Latin America?

Its hard to tell, cogent has some great connectivity - we can give you a test IP if need be.

Regards

Jose
15 hours ago, Support said:

Its hard to tell, cogent has some great connectivity - we can give you a test IP if need be.

Regards

How well do you test? Can I request a residential ip in Oakland just to test it?

Support
On 10/6/2018 at 4:44 PM, Jose said:

How well do you test? Can I request a residential ip in Oakland just to test it?

Sure we can do a testing IP, please request it here https://torguard.net/submitticket.php

Regards

Jose
22 hours ago, Support said:

Sure we can do a testing IP, please request it here https://torguard.net/submitticket.php

Regards

is a lie! Talk to them and they tell me that they do not give free tests of residential ip's, do not disinform !!

Support
2 hours ago, Jose said:

is a lie! Talk to them and they tell me that they do not give free tests of residential ip's, do not disinform !!

We are not assigning a fresh IP, it is simply a test IP in this location so the user can check their speeds, the test IP is always the same.

If you have requested you should reference this thread.

Regards