TorGuard
CptCatarro

Emule problems

Rate this question

Question

CptCatarro

Hello there,

I am writing here to know if someone is facing my same problems.

I am using Torguard under Windows7, with the latest client (22th august release) and Emule 0.50. I've asked for the two standard emule ports to be opened on a specific IP, so to check if everything is working I've tried the Emule Port Test. It redirects me on their website. The test itself is ok, ports seem to be opened as I requested but still Emule is not working properly.

It gaves me a Firewalled Kad connections, and it does not connect to any of the (few) servers in list.

So I've tried to disconnect torguard and suddenly it connects correctly to a server and to the Kad network (not firewalled).

Is there anything I can do? Is it a Torguard problem? 

Thanks in advance

8 answers to this question

Support
On 14/09/2018 at 10:56 AM, CptCatarro said:

Hello there,

I am writing here to know if someone is facing my same problems.

I am using Torguard under Windows7, with the latest client (22th august release) and Emule 0.50. I've asked for the two standard emule ports to be opened on a specific IP, so to check if everything is working I've tried the Emule Port Test. It redirects me on their website. The test itself is ok, ports seem to be opened as I requested but still Emule is not working properly.

It gaves me a Firewalled Kad connections, and it does not connect to any of the (few) servers in list.

So I've tried to disconnect torguard and suddenly it connects correctly to a server and to the Kad network (not firewalled).

Is there anything I can do? Is it a Torguard problem? 

Thanks in advance

Hello,

As KAD uses UDP mainly, did you make sure to open the ports via UDP as well?

Have you checked and made sure any local firewall is not filtering the TAP driver?

Regards

CptCatarro
12 hours ago, Support said:

Hello,

As KAD uses UDP mainly, did you make sure to open the ports via UDP as well?

Have you checked and made sure any local firewall is not filtering the TAP driver?

Regards

Hello, thansk for you answer.

Yes, I knew about UDP and KAD network, I've opened both TCP and UDP ports and I am pretty sure no firewall is filtering TAP driver as Windows Firewall is completely off and TCP port results open (I get HIGH ID while connecting to standard Emule servers).

It really seems that Torguard cannot open UDP ports, is it possible? 

Thanks again

CptCatarro

I would also like to add:

I've just tried another VPN that offerts port-forwarding function (AirVPN), made a 3 day trial and opened the two ports needed for emule: it works correctly both on TCP and UDP connection.

So my pc is ok, firewall is ok and Emule configuration is ok, everything points to Torguard, I am not sure at all you really open UDP ports...

Thanks again

Support
1 hour ago, CptCatarro said:

I would also like to add:

I've just tried another VPN that offerts port-forwarding function (AirVPN), made a 3 day trial and opened the two ports needed for emule: it works correctly both on TCP and UDP connection.

So my pc is ok, firewall is ok and Emule configuration is ok, everything points to Torguard, I am not sure at all you really open UDP ports...

Thanks again

We certainly do - can you send me your username via PM and i can have a look for you?

Regards

BladeFX

hi 

I have exactly the same problem !

Did you find a solution ?

thanks 

Support
16 hours ago, BladeFX said:

hi 

I have exactly the same problem !

Did you find a solution ?

thanks 

Hi guys

I have done some tests and with the correct ports opened both UDP and TCP connecting to the correct IP and port mentioned in your port forward activation email and it all seems to work fine,  https://www.dropbox.com/s/8csh4dtdlpi3j80/Screenshot 2018-09-21 12.06.06.png?dl=0

Do you have emule running when testing the ports? are you connected correctly to the IP you have opened the ports on? have you disabled any local firewall to test?

Regards

CptCatarro

Actually I've tried a lot of solutions, the last one was to make a 3 day membership for another vpn that lets you open port (AirVPN) and with the same computer, with the same OS, same router, same everything, Emule was working fine.

So I opened another ticket to Torguard Support asking to at least get an answer.

They made something (they said some rules with firewall) and after that, the UDP port was opened.

I am just a little bit disappointed as a month was needed to solve my problem, and it was solved just when I said "I picked up you because of the port forwardind feature, and this feature is not working as AirVPN is working correctly, what to do?"

Anyway... now everything is fine.

Hope this helps

BladeFX

I just changed to openconnect. I have no problem with this type of connection. all run perfect