TorGuard
racer5

Disallow WAN access without VPN?

Rate this question

Question

racer5

I'd like to create a docker instance that uses linux that automatically sets up a torguard vpn. If the link isn't connected or goes down, I want all WAN access disabled.

How do I do that? (I don't want a fallback to default WAN access.) 

I'd like a secure browsing sandbox that only communicates using torguard for wan--based on docker. Open to existing solutions! I haven't used Torguard on linux yet, but on windows sometimes the connection drops and I don't notice. Plus I don't really trust Windows. 

Thanks for any pointers. I'm agnostic about Ubuntu vs. Centos.. could go with something else too. 

1 answer to this question

Support
On 11/09/2018 at 10:30 PM, racer5 said:

I'd like to create a docker instance that uses linux that automatically sets up a torguard vpn. If the link isn't connected or goes down, I want all WAN access disabled.

How do I do that? (I don't want a fallback to default WAN access.) 

I'd like a secure browsing sandbox that only communicates using torguard for wan--based on docker. Open to existing solutions! I haven't used Torguard on linux yet, but on windows sometimes the connection drops and I don't notice. Plus I don't really trust Windows. 

Thanks for any pointers. I'm agnostic about Ubuntu vs. Centos.. could go with something else too. 

You can do so on any build, using iptables it's fairly straightforward, check here:

https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-create-a-vpn-killswitch-using-iptables-on-linux

Regards