TorGuard

Slow torrent speeds..help please

Rate this question

Question

Hi. I am new to all this VPN stuff but since my school now has a an internet policy software against it, I have to use one and this works great to hide me from their restrictions :) However, when I torrent, I get slowww download speeds. Currently I am connected to Romania and hover at 150kb/s, while others like Norway or Canada go up to a whopping 50kb/s! If I don't use the VPN, I get up to 2-4 MB/s. I am in the USA by the way

3 answers to this question

Support

Hello - have you tried to use Canada UDP ? this is geo closest to you so i would think this location was your best bet for downloading.

Regards

Seems so weird to me. I live in Canada and use servers in the Netherlands and Romania and I still get speeds of 1.5mb/s all the time.

I am extremely happy with the service Torguard gives me by the way, the amount of options the give their users, and the excellent support staff that is great and knows their S__t ! Keep up the good work Torguard.

Support
Seems so weird to me. I live in Canada and use servers in the Netherlands and Romania and I still get speeds of 1.5mb/s all the time.

I am extremely happy with the service Torguard gives me by the way, the amount of options the give their users, and the excellent support staff that is great and knows their S__t ! Keep up the good work Torguard.

Thanks mlindsay :)

In regards to illidan please contact support on our support desk, they will figure out why your speeds are so low if this is still the case.

Regards