TorGuard
Devon Treznor

Firefox Extension constantly loses connectivity

Question

Devon Treznor

I have asked twice now without ever seeing any followup. Why does Firefox lose connectivity so frequently? It happens in Windows 10 64 bit and Windows 7 64 bit, I always have the latest update of Firefox (also 64-bit) and the latest published version of VPNetworksLLC Proxy. I do not have any antivirus extensions enabled. It happens when I'm on wireless and on direct ethernet connections. Randomly without warning I'll be unable to communicate with the proxy and when I bring up the extension I see it searching for a connection. Sometimes it'll find a new one but most times it fails and I have to dismiss the error before hitting Connect again. I always make sure my Windows machines have the most current drivers and BIOS.

Curiously, this never ever happens with my Chrome extension. Furthermore, the servers that are accessible to me on Chrome are different from the ones available through Firefox. I prefer Firefox's functionality overall but I've learned if I'm doing something that needs a stable connection I have to do it through Chrome.

Can we get an answer on why this is happening or if anyone is looking at it?

3 answers to this question

Support
10 hours ago, Devon Treznor said:

I have asked twice now without ever seeing any followup. Why does Firefox lose connectivity so frequently? It happens in Windows 10 64 bit and Windows 7 64 bit, I always have the latest update of Firefox (also 64-bit) and the latest published version of VPNetworksLLC Proxy. I do not have any antivirus extensions enabled. It happens when I'm on wireless and on direct ethernet connections. Randomly without warning I'll be unable to communicate with the proxy and when I bring up the extension I see it searching for a connection. Sometimes it'll find a new one but most times it fails and I have to dismiss the error before hitting Connect again. I always make sure my Windows machines have the most current drivers and BIOS.

Curiously, this never ever happens with my Chrome extension. Furthermore, the servers that are accessible to me on Chrome are different from the ones available through Firefox. I prefer Firefox's functionality overall but I've learned if I'm doing something that needs a stable connection I have to do it through Chrome.

Can we get an answer on why this is happening or if anyone is looking at it?

Hi Devon,

What version of the TG Firefox Extension are you running?

Regards

Devon Treznor
13 hours ago, Support said:

Hi Devon,

What version of the TG Firefox Extension are you running?

Regards

TG version 1.4.7, Firefox 61.0.1.

Troubleshooting with support, it seems that the Ghostery add-on may be the culprit. So far I've been running all day with Ghostery removed and I have not had any problems which is a first. I will monitor for a few days before I declare success.

Support
4 hours ago, Devon Treznor said:

TG version 1.4.7, Firefox 61.0.1.

Troubleshooting with support, it seems that the Ghostery add-on may be the culprit. So far I've been running all day with Ghostery removed and I have not had any problems which is a first. I will monitor for a few days before I declare success.

Ghostery will be the problem, we have had numerous users with the same issue, all removing ghostery solves the issue

Regards