Jump to content
TorGuard
  • 0
Support

TorGuard Client v3.86.1

Rate this question

Question

Support

====================================

Release torguard-v3.86.1, 2018-07-05
====================================

* Windows 7: bug fix

 The "Auto start on login" option was broken in
the last version. Windows 7 users could experiment a
"TorGuard has stopped working" error if they try to use
this option. The error did not affect Windows 10.
 The bug is fixed with this patch.

 

Downloads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Kerry
8 hours ago, Support said:

Thanks for the continued updates and support Torguard! +rep 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Ace Mcool

not answer, but i tried to install and i get broken installer (WIN 10 Pro)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Ace Mcool

and of course the cleaner of the DL already remove the old install first !  D'oh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Support
On 06/07/2018 at 4:17 PM, Ace Mcool said:

and of course the cleaner of the DL already remove the old install first !  D'oh!

 

Hey there, did you manage to sort out your install?

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
billyzeke

I'm having troubles installing v3.86.1 too. I get an error opening file for writing and if I click ignore it carries on but then verification fails and it tells me that installing MS visual C++ 2015 should fix the problem, but that also fails. It says another version of this product is already installed and that I should remove the existing version, trouble is there are several MS visual C++'s listed in my add remove programs list and I'm not sure which to try and remove.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Support
On 21/07/2018 at 12:40 PM, billyzeke said:

I'm having troubles installing v3.86.1 too. I get an error opening file for writing and if I click ignore it carries on but then verification fails and it tells me that installing MS visual C++ 2015 should fix the problem, but that also fails. It says another version of this product is already installed and that I should remove the existing version, trouble is there are several MS visual C++'s listed in my add remove programs list and I'm not sure which to try and remove.

 

Are you running any security software by chance? it sounds more like something is blocking it from installing

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
billyzeke
19 hours ago, Support said:

 

Are you running any security software by chance? it sounds more like something is blocking it from installing

Regards

Yes, it turns out Malwarebytes was the culprit. I shut it down and Torguard installed perfectly. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Support
2 hours ago, billyzeke said:

Yes, it turns out Malwarebytes was the culprit. I shut it down and Torguard installed perfectly. Thank you.

 

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...