TorGuard
caucusdigi

Port forwarding not forwarding on Manual OpenVPN Config on CentOS

Rate this question

Question

caucusdigi

hi guys,

Just signed up for Torguard today.  I am running a OpenVPN Client on a CentOS box to get into Torguard.  I used the OpenVPN configuration wizard to setup the connection. Upon successful connection, I can successfully transfer data over the web and when I check it's public IP it shows the VPN ip.  I opened the ports for Plex in the Control Panel, they were approved, (in my case 32405), but the port isn't actually open.  I disabled the firewall as well on the Linux server, and it still isn't forwarding.  Any ideas as to what I should do?

1 answer to this question

Support
On 10/06/2018 at 7:10 PM, caucusdigi said:

hi guys,

Just signed up for Torguard today.  I am running a OpenVPN Client on a CentOS box to get into Torguard.  I used the OpenVPN configuration wizard to setup the connection. Upon successful connection, I can successfully transfer data over the web and when I check it's public IP it shows the VPN ip.  I opened the ports for Plex in the Control Panel, they were approved, (in my case 32405), but the port isn't actually open.  I disabled the firewall as well on the Linux server, and it still isn't forwarding.  Any ideas as to what I should do?

Hello,

Are you connecting to the IP as per the port activation email? you have to correct to the specified port/protocol while connecting.

For example:

UDP

Regards