TorGuard
trinda3411

Any Impact? VPNFilter Malware and VPN Service

Rate this question

Question

trinda3411

Newbie question. Is there any chance that the malware the FBI announced recently that impacted routers (VPNFilter) would have been able to spy on transactions/messages prior to them being encrypted by the torguard software on those routers?

I do not know what the vulnerabilities are that the articles referred to. I don't know when in the process that messages from my computer get encrypted by the Torguard software sitting on the router. I know the messages are encrypted once they leave my router. Is there any chance that the VPNFilter malware could have read my information on the router during the transmission process?

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Support
On 28/05/2018 at 7:58 AM, trinda3411 said:

Newbie question. Is there any chance that the malware the FBI announced recently that impacted routers (VPNFilter) would have been able to spy on transactions/messages prior to them being encrypted by the torguard software on those routers?

I do not know what the vulnerabilities are that the articles referred to. I don't know when in the process that messages from my computer get encrypted by the Torguard software sitting on the router. I know the messages are encrypted once they leave my router. Is there any chance that the VPNFilter malware could have read my information on the router during the transmission process?

Thanks.

I believe the malware targeted stock firmware that was still using the default user/pass so if you got one from us it would not be on stock.

Regards