TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  

very slow torrent speeds

Rate this question

Question

hi i have bought anonymous VPN, and my torrents are extremely slow. turn it off and they go back to normal. i have tried using vuse, bittorrent, utorrent, all with same results. I read with torrent proxy that you have do input proxy settings, however i understand with anonymous vpn you dont have to. is this correct and what can i do to fix, otherwise may have to get a refund as its only been two days and not working well

5 answers to this question

Hello there - can you let us know how you are connecting to the VPN - are you using UDP based connections and what region do you connect from ?

Regards

Support

Hello - as above, please let us know how you connecting and what location you are using.

Cheers

Hi, I'm in Australia. When I first installed, it connected me to sweeden UDP, that s slow so I changed it to new Zealand, no better, so I changed to Netherlands UDP and seems to be better. Not as fast as with it not running but better. It's there a trick to witch one should use? I assume when selecting it has to be udp and not a server that says no torrents.

It was suggested to me in a support ticket that i try the romania udp as im in australia, and will give that a try today and see how it goes. thanks for your reply.

Support

Ok let us know how you go :)

Regards

Hi,i created a pptp connection tho the romania udp as suggested from australia. downloads are acceptable, still not quite as fast as without the connection, but acceptable at this stage.

cheers for the help.

One question, why would it make a difference connecting to romania from australia? I thought the closer the better for example new zealand.