TorGuard
TRS5000

Windows Geolocation pointing to real location not VPN

Rate this question

Question

TRS5000

Hello,

I am on the TorGuard VPN client and Windows (and browsers) still see my real location.  If I go here https://ipleak.net/ is see my local IP and the VPN IP.  It says I have a webRTC leak.  I assume their is a chrome extension that can help for my chrome browser....but I am more concerned with Windows location still seeing where I am.  Any advice?

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Support
6 hours ago, TRS5000 said:

Here is another site that illustrates my issue https://mycurrentlocation.net/

If you see only your local LAN IP and your external VPN IP then this is not a leak - I'm assuming you go to this mycurrentlocation.net and click to allow it detect your location? if you allow it to detect your location through the browser then that is why you are leaking, you allowed the browser to use local locational services to detect your location.

Regards

TRS5000

Thank you for the quick reply.  How do these local locational services work?  If I am on VPN, how is my computer location is still known?  Is there a way to have the computer location match the vpn location?

Support
10 hours ago, TRS5000 said:

Thank you for the quick reply.  How do these local locational services work?  If I am on VPN, how is my computer location is still known?  Is there a way to have the computer location match the vpn location?

I would suggest having a quick look here

Any browser will find your location if you *Allow* it do so on any VPN - you need to either disable location services within your browser and OS and then use an extension to fake your location.

Regards