TorGuard
Matt_H

MLB.TV with Anonymous VPN

Rate this topic

Matt_H

Is anyone able to watch MLB.TV streaming games over Anonymous VPN this season?  Any game I attempt to watch I get a regional blackout error.  I attempted Chicago, Toronto, Turkey, and Iceland servers, all with the same results.  I was able to watch games over Anonymous VPN last season.

Matt_H

I did more testing and it definitely seems like ALL torguard servers are being blocked by MLB.TV service.  It worked the last few years using my existing/current setup (Xubuntu Linux, connecting via OpenVPN through the built-in network manager utility) and yesterday I discovered that I wasn't able to watch.  Today I downloaded/installed the actual TorGuard software to see if that could be the problem, but no luck.  I'm not even trying to get around a location blackout - games that I am able to watch without VPN I'm not able to watch once I connect to VPN, regardless of server - I get the "regional blackout" error even though neither my actual location or the VPN location are anywhere near the regional blackout zone.  So - could it be that MLB.TV simply blocks ALL TorGuard VPN servers.  If that is the case, then I honestly have very little use for this anymore.

Dan_C

Now I dont  using mlb.tv,  I think you will find most VPN are have problems, with  white listing IP for tv channels, if I was you I would try to add a streaming IP or better a residential IP you can try it for 30 days to see if helps you. you will find the in addons.

Best of luck

Tony_18

I'm having the same problem with mlbtv it worked great with torguard all last year. Now it doesn't matter which server I use it still gets blacked out, even ones from another country.  

Support
On 07/04/2018 at 11:43 PM, Tony_18 said:

I'm having the same problem with mlbtv it worked great with torguard all last year. Now it doesn't matter which server I use it still gets blacked out, even ones from another country.  

Hello, can I get any of you to test some IP ranges for us? these will likely work and you can use them free of charge.

Regards

Tony_18
5 hours ago, Support said:

Hello, can I get any of you to test some IP ranges for us? these will likely work and you can use them free of charge.

Regards

Sure I would be glad to test them. It's a good week to test. A couple of games this week I want to watch will probably be blacked out. 

Jeff

I'm experiencing the same issue.  I'm able to watch games on MLB.TV without Torguard activated.  Once I activate Torguard, no MLB streams work.  I've tested many locations, and no luck.

scarlettj

Hey, I'd like to try out different IPs also.

grand8389
On 4/9/2018 at 3:32 AM, Support said:

Regards

Any updates on this?  I'm willing to test out new IPs if you add them to my account...

Jeff

Hi all,

I contacted TorGuard Support, and their response is to purchase a dedicated IP add-on.  In other words,  sounds like we won't be getting IPs to test as the support agent stated and then ignored.  Sorry guys.  Looks like MLB.TV is in the same boat as Netflix and other streaming services now that are blacklisting VPN services.

Support
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Hi all,

I contacted TorGuard Support, and their response is to purchase a dedicated IP add-on.  In other words,  sounds like we won't be getting IPs to test as the support agent stated and then ignored.  Sorry guys.  Looks like MLB.TV is in the same boat as Netflix and other streaming services now that are blacklisting VPN services.

I do apologise for the delay guys, my offer still stands, please PM me each of you and i will send over an IP for each of you to test with, these will go free to anyone who requests specifically for MLB.tv for the time being.

Regards

Zee

I tried to message the admin and support. Submitted a ticket as well. This is VERY disturbing as the prime reason I signed on with Torguard 4 years ago was MLB.TV blackout avoidance

Support
10 hours ago, Zee said:

I tried to message the admin and support. Submitted a ticket as well. This is VERY disturbing as the prime reason I signed on with Torguard 4 years ago was MLB.TV blackout avoidance

We have no control over any blocks by external services, all we can do is find new IP's that do work.

We have found some ranges that do work.

Regards

Jeff
On 4/19/2018 at 4:19 AM, Support said:

We have no control over any blocks by external services, all we can do is find new IP's that do work.

We have found some ranges that do work.

Regards

After sending a message, I can confirm that support was very helpful in finding an IP that would work.  New user myself, and very satisfied with the support! 

MJACTIVIST

I'm in the same boat here. Was wondering if there was a solution here?

Please let me know