TorGuard
totalnewb

Help unblocking UDP port in Vuze

Rate this question

Question

totalnewb

Hello fellow Torguardians,

I am having some trouble getting my port forwarding to work in Vuze. Prior to using Torguard, I had a static IP set on my PC and the TCP/UDP ports forwarded in my router and everything worked smoothly and I always had green connection. I'm not very savvy when it comes to these kind of things, but I did some investigation after getting Torguard and took these steps to forward my ports:

1. I deleted the port forwarding in my router.

2. I chose the server I wanted in Torguard and pinned the IP address.

3. I put in a port forward request in the client portal for my Vuze port with the chosen IP.

4. Followed the steps in the e-mail I received from Torguard.

5. Vuze detected that I was using a VPN and asked if I wanted to only route connections through the VPN. I said yes.

6. I have exceptions for Vuze in my firewall, and UPnP is active on my router.

However, I am only getting yellow connection. The TCP port tests perfect every time, but the UDP port is blocked for some reason. Occasionally when I open Vuze it will test as open briefly but after a minute or two of downloading it will close and my connection status turns to yellow.

Does anyone have any ideas? Please let me know if I've missed any steps or done something incorrectly.

Thank you for reading!

7 answers to this question

Support
10 hours ago, totalnewb said:

Hello fellow Torguardians,

I am having some trouble getting my port forwarding to work in Vuze. Prior to using Torguard, I had a static IP set on my PC and the TCP/UDP ports forwarded in my router and everything worked smoothly and I always had green connection. I'm not very savvy when it comes to these kind of things, but I did some investigation after getting Torguard and took these steps to forward my ports:

1. I deleted the port forwarding in my router.

2. I chose the server I wanted in Torguard and pinned the IP address.

3. I put in a port forward request in the client portal for my Vuze port with the chosen IP.

4. Followed the steps in the e-mail I received from Torguard.

5. Vuze detected that I was using a VPN and asked if I wanted to only route connections through the VPN. I said yes.

6. I have exceptions for Vuze in my firewall, and UPnP is active on my router.

However, I am only getting yellow connection. The TCP port tests perfect every time, but the UDP port is blocked for some reason. Occasionally when I open Vuze it will test as open briefly but after a minute or two of downloading it will close and my connection status turns to yellow.

Does anyone have any ideas? Please let me know if I've missed any steps or done something incorrectly.

Thank you for reading!

Hello,

It seems like you done everything right - one thing when connecting to torguard can you report to me what local VPN IP it assigns, for example, it should look like: 10.35.0.81 or similar?

Feel free to PM me your username and i will take a look for you.

Regards

totalnewb
10 hours ago, Support said:

Hello,

It seems like you done everything right - one thing when connecting to torguard can you report to me what local VPN IP it assigns, for example, it should look like: 10.35.0.81 or similar?

Feel free to PM me your username and i will take a look for you.

Regards

Thank you! The local IP is 10.35.0.81. I will PM you with my username as well.

Support
9 hours ago, totalnewb said:

Thank you! The local IP is 10.35.0.81. I will PM you with my username as well.

Thanks for your PM, can you retest just now quick? could we create a different port for UDP? i would recommend separating the ports.

Regards

totalnewb
17 hours ago, Support said:

Thanks for your PM, can you retest just now quick? could we create a different port for UDP? i would recommend separating the ports.

Regards

I tested it for the last several hours, and it seems to be working perfectly now! My connection is green, my download speed is great and everything is running smoothly. I can't thank you enough!

I do have one more quick question if you don't mind. I originally signed up for a monthly bundle, just as a trial run to test out the service. I have been very happy and would like to upgrade to an annual bundle. I went to my account and chose "renew service", but that just gave me another monthly invoice. Is the correct way to do it to choose "Order new services" under the services tab and then choose the annual bundle?

Thank you!

Support
7 hours ago, totalnewb said:

I tested it for the last several hours, and it seems to be working perfectly now! My connection is green, my download speed is great and everything is running smoothly. I can't thank you enough!

I do have one more quick question if you don't mind. I originally signed up for a monthly bundle, just as a trial run to test out the service. I have been very happy and would like to upgrade to an annual bundle. I went to my account and chose "renew service", but that just gave me another monthly invoice. Is the correct way to do it to choose "Order new services" under the services tab and then choose the annual bundle?

Thank you!

Great im glad to hear that :) to upgrade to the bundle you will have to submit a ticket for that, please do so here https://torguard.net/submitticket.php

Thanks

totalnewb
On 21/03/2018 at 10:17 PM, Support said:

Great im glad to hear that :) to upgrade to the bundle you will have to submit a ticket for that, please do so here https://torguard.net/submitticket.php

Thanks

Thank you very much, I have submitted a ticket. :)

Support
5 hours ago, totalnewb said:

Thank you very much, I have submitted a ticket. :)

Great, did you get that sorted?

Regards