TorGuard
Zazama

Make TorGuard autostart faster (priority-wise)

Rate this question

Question

Zazama

Hi,

On system startup, TorGuard's client seems to startup pretty late for me (one of the last autostart programs). Is there a way to make it start faster? Higher its autostart priority or something like that? I've configured my Firewall to not allow any connection that's not coming from TorGuards OpenVPN adapter. The consequence is that I'm always unable to access the internet when TorGuard is not connected, resulting in error messages when connecting to steam etc. on startup. If TorGuard would be called faster, there'd be enough time.

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

Support
On 16/02/2018 at 3:25 PM, Zazama said:

Hi,

On system startup, TorGuard's client seems to startup pretty late for me (one of the last autostart programs). Is there a way to make it start faster? Higher its autostart priority or something like that? I've configured my Firewall to not allow any connection that's not coming from TorGuards OpenVPN adapter. The consequence is that I'm always unable to access the internet when TorGuard is not connected, resulting in error messages when connecting to steam etc. on startup. If TorGuard would be called faster, there'd be enough time.

Hello,

We do have a ticket in for this and our devs are currently exploring on how to do just that - in the meantime though there's an article here that can help you delay or prioritize startup apps in windows: https://www.howtogeek.com/52043/how-to-control-the-order-of-startup-programs-in-windows/

Regards