TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  

Just joined - couple of problems

Rate this topic

I'm in China. Here are my problems:

*Facebook, Twitter, Youtube etc all working fine now.

1. Android - when I load up the Android app, everytime I try to connect it tells me to wait for OpenVPN Settings to start, then tells me it can't be found. According to the Android app setup guide OpenVPN Settings is not necessary...? Even when I download it, it still doesn't work. I am on a XiaoMi Ms2, a Chinese brand and have had to find Torguard on local markets as I have no access to Google Play.

2. Live support is a myth (lie). I've been online for the past 17 hours, not once has the supposed 'Live Support' been online. My only logical conclusion is that it doesn't exist.

Thanks

I switched to UK Tcp and watched a show on iPlayer, but Twitter stopped working.

Support

Hello

1) You may running an older version of the app - can you confirm wha version ou are running ?

2) Live Support has not been manned as much due to high demand on support desk, we will remedy this very shortly.

Regards

Thanks for your response.

I think that may be what's wrong. It says it's version 3. Is there a way for me to get the .apk?

Today I logged into the Stealth TCP server. Twitter works fine but when I try Facebook it tries to load, looks like it's connected, then immediately says "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to facebook.com".

This is frustrating. When I load up my computer I've no guarantee that I'm going to be able to access:

a) the servers I want.

B) the websites I want (even when connected).

I never had these problems with my previous provider and I'm beginning to regret the switch.

I hope there are easy solutions to these issues.

Thanks

And now Twitter's just given out. No Twitter, no Facebook, other websites are working.

TorGuard Admin

Hi UHC, It may be possible you are using an older Android app version. If you contact our support desk they will provide you with a direct download link of the latest .apk.

Can you confirm if the connectivity issue is effecting your Android device or when using a Laptop also? From our VPN software please try connecting to our Stealth and Hong Kong servers.

Yes sorry, I should've been clearer. The connectivity problems have all been on my laptop. It's baffling. Frequently I log in and can get onto websites, most of the time Twitter, but Facebook won't work, it'll do as I said. There are times where everything works from the off, but these are unfortunately not in the majority at the moment.

Yesterday I used a UK server without issue, but when I came back to the computer after a while Twitter and Facebook had stopped loading and I had to logout and log back in again.

Although the price is good, the service at the moment is not as good as I had hoped. Let me know if there is something I should be doing that I'm not.

Thanks again.

Support

Hello - the issues your experiencing certainly are not normal - have you lodged a support ticket ?

I would lodge a support request so that we can look into this further.

Regards