TorGuard
proxyuser311

Exclude Websites Not Working

proxyuser311

When I add entries to the 'Exclude Websites' list they're still routed through the proxy. For example, I tried adding whatismyip.com, and tested with whatismyip.com, www.whatismyip.com, and https://www.whatismyip.com, but the site always shows the proxy address, not my ISP's address.

Can someone confirm that this feature is working, or if I'm missing something in the syntax for these entries? I understand that they should be separated with semi-colons, but it doesn't even work if I test with single entries. 

Support

When I add entries to the 'Exclude Websites' list they're still routed through the proxy. For example, I tried adding whatismyip.com, and tested with whatismyip.com, www.whatismyip.com, and https://www.whatismyip.com, but the site always shows the proxy address, not my ISP's address.

Can someone confirm that this feature is working, or if I'm missing something in the syntax for these entries? I understand that they should be separated with semi-colons, but it doesn't even work if I test with single entries. 

Hi there, can I ask what chrome browser version you are running there? also what version of our extension are you running?

Regards

Glendee

I also cannot get the "exclude websites" to work. Everything is run through the proxy so I have to completely disable it every time I want to watch Netflix or Amazon video. I am running Chrome browser version 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) (64-bit).  The Torguard extension version is 1.4.1. Does the function simply not work? 

Support
8 hours ago, Glendee said:

I also cannot get the "exclude websites" to work. Everything is run through the proxy so I have to completely disable it every time I want to watch Netflix or Amazon video. I am running Chrome browser version 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) (64-bit).  The Torguard extension version is 1.4.1. Does the function simply not work? 

Hi - Netflix use many different domains for providing you content juste excluding netflix.com won't work.

Regards

Glendee

Ah so. I guess that's why none of the exclusions I put in the list are excluded. They are all probably the same: all 3 are video viewing sites (Netflix, Amazon and TCM) that use multiple domains due to the nature of their services.

Thanks so much for explaining! I am a newbie and don't have the knowledge that most do here.  Thanks!

Kabal

After not being able to use the web app reliably, searching everywhere for how to do this properly and trying to edit the ovpn files with no success, I found this article https://support.nvpn.net/Knowledgebase/Article/View/412/41/how-to-exclude-a-website--ip-from-going-through-the-vpn.

• follow the instructions in the article
  • use this or other similar websites to find all ip's of the website your excluding
  • add whatsmyip.com or similar site to test it out
  • restart vpn
  • enjoy having specific websites excluded from your vpn
  • this method is for use with the vpn(desktop app)

For those who only require the proxy, browser addons such as this one allow socks 5 proxy authentication as well as blacklisting websites such as amazon with one simple entry. (will be using temporarily until torguard updates their browser addons to a stable version, hopefully with wildcard entry's 🌚🚀🛰️)

Support
On 12/19/2019 at 2:37 PM, Kabal said:

After not being able to use the web app reliably, searching everywhere for how to do this properly and trying to edit the ovpn files with no success, I found this article https://support.nvpn.net/Knowledgebase/Article/View/412/41/how-to-exclude-a-website--ip-from-going-through-the-vpn.

• follow the instructions in the article
  • use this or other similar websites to find all ip's of the website your excluding
  • add whatsmyip.com or similar site to test it out
  • restart vpn
  • enjoy having specific websites excluded from your vpn
  • this method is for use with the vpn(desktop app)

For those who only require the proxy, browser addons such as this one allow socks 5 proxy authentication as well as blacklisting websites such as amazon with one simple entry. (will be using temporarily until torguard updates their browser addons to a stable version, hopefully with wildcard entry's 🌚🚀🛰️)

This will only work with a website that has 1 IP - many use multiple IP's or even CDN type services such as Cloudflare. 

On 11/6/2017 at 9:29 PM, proxyuser311 said:

This website is behind Cloudflare - as above this is a CDN which will use many different IP's.

Regards