TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
TheNoob

Socks5 error. Am i at risk?

Rate this question

Question

TheNoob

I got a Socks5 error while i was downloading a torrent on vuze. I was using a VPN at the same time. Will the vpn protect me from risk and exposure despite the socks5 proxy failing. The Socks5 icon went from green to yellow at the bottom of vuze however the routing icon sayed green throughout. Sorry im new to this. Thank you answers appreciated. 

1 answer to this question

Support

I got a Socks5 error while i was downloading a torrent on vuze. I was using a VPN at the same time. Will the vpn protect me from risk and exposure despite the socks5 proxy failing. The Socks5 icon went from green to yellow at the bottom of vuze however the routing icon sayed green throughout. Sorry im new to this. Thank you answers appreciated. 

Hi there, if you are using VPN over the socks5 proxy you are fine, if using only the proxy then you are also fine, if the proxy fails, no traffic will pass until you remove it or add a new working proxy.

Your best bet if using Vuze is to  only use the VPN and bind the VPN to your VPN interface as per the following guide >> https://torguard.net/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=120

Regards