TorGuard

proxy doesn't seem to be working

Rate this question

Question

hi i had this same problem with pia so i decided to try this one but getting the same errors. first off i'm using a public internet and as usual all ports are closed except the common ones. i can use a vpn though port 80 but the speed is very slow, about 70kbytes a second. direct downloading is only about 500kbytes a seconds but the speed decrease is crazy.

when using deluge i get torguard.net: Error: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

and when using utorrent i get: proxy connection error: offline (timed out)

all settings are typed in correctly, what am i doing wrong?

9 answers to this question

Hello Daqid

Can i confirm you are using the user/pass from our activation email ? and not the website login.

It seems like the proxy port is closed, have you tried the checkmytorrentip torrent to see what error this throws at you ?

What proxy do you have set right now ?

Regards

Hello Daqid

Can i confirm you are using the user/pass from our activation email ? and not the website login.

It seems like the proxy port is closed, have you tried the checkmytorrentip torrent to see what error this throws at you ?

What proxy do you have set right now ?

Regards

yes i'm using the correct login details and the two error messages i posted above are from the torrent checker. does port 1080 have to be forwarded on the router?

i'm having the same problem. i've used the correct credentials but vuze and deluge aren't working. do we need to configure our router? nowhere does the setup guides say anything about that. thanks

Hi latapeguy

You just need to make sure port 1080 is open on your router/firewalls.

Are you using the same details as you login with to the billing portal ? or the ones you chosen at checkout ?

Regards

How come I need to search through this (incredibly slow loading) forum to find the crucial information about which ports should be open?

There is even a how-to stating that all you need to do is to use the Torguard app to configure your torrent client and you're all set to go.

Terribly dissatisfying. You really need to provide proper, complete, useful how-tos for the services you sell!

Support

Hello spumantastic

The forum slowness has been fixed..

Which service are you referring to ? Proxy or VPN ? normally you don't have to open any ports at your end, maybe torrent listening ports or proxy auth port 1080 depending on how restrictive of a firewall you are behind.

In regards to proxy, we don't support port forwarding on the proxy, the VPN we do, you can request this.

Regards