TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
Fluidic

TorGuard won't start while active in another profile

Rate this question

Question

Fluidic

So I have 2 user profiles on my machine. One for me and one for the gf. I was in contact with support and found out there isn't really a way to let her run TorGuard without giving her administrator privileges or my pw. I also asked them if I had TorGuard active on my user profile and then she switches to hers (while I'm still logged in but not the active profile) if she would still be connected. They said "The app will only be active on your account." So basically I would have to connect on each account if we were to switch between them without logging out. So I switched over from hers (with TorGuard still connected) to mine and attempted to launch TorGuard but it never launched nor did I have a hidden icon in the taskbar. I decided to check ipleak.net and it was still showing my under a different IP where the server is located. So my question is has anyone else noticed this? Do you stay connected even when switching accounts or am I not currently connected? I can't launch the program because it is still active on her profile so I have no way to verify whether I'm actually connected.

TL;DR : Can't launch program/UI while it is active under another local profile. Support told me that I would have to launch it on each account but it appears to be connected without launching.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet