TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
rr0ss0rr

Client Reconnect issue from an earlier network issue

Rate this question

Question

rr0ss0rr

I've seen this a few times when I had a temporary network issue earlier in the day, TorGuard will be disconnected with a "Failed to Reconnect" message displayed.  When I press the "OK" button, the same message will appear (This happens 3 times) .. When I press "OK" for the 3rd time, TorGuard connects.  So it looks like TorGuard gives up after 3 connection failures from the earlier network issue.

This ia an issue since I have application processes that come down when the TorGuard client is not active.  

This message block seems to be a holdover from earlier days since the alert is also displayed via Notification Center

1 answer to this question

Support

I've seen this a few times when I had a temporary network issue earlier in the day, TorGuard will be disconnected with a "Failed to Reconnect" message displayed.  When I press the "OK" button, the same message will appear (This happens 3 times) .. When I press "OK" for the 3rd time, TorGuard connects.  So it looks like TorGuard gives up after 3 connection failures from the earlier network issue.

This ia an issue since I have application processes that come down when the TorGuard client is not active.  

This message block seems to be a holdover from earlier days since the alert is also displayed via Notification Center

Hello,

When this happens are you using OpenConnect or OpenVPN ?

Regards