TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
quisp65

Way to keep always connected?

Rate this question

Question

quisp65

I want to be able to have Utorrent stay always connected on the proxy server but I find I need to restart it when Utorrent goes idle for a while.  Is it possible to keep Utorrent running continuously on my server machine connected to Torguards Socks5 proxy?   If I can't get this to work I'll go back to my Virtual Machine VPN torrent client combination.   

Also....if I go back to VPN I'm just interested in keeping copy right notices from accidentally popping up.  I don't care about my ISP or much of anyone else.   As long as I don't have DNS & IPV6 leaks would using NO ENCRYPTION work for someone that just wants to hide their IP?  I'm thinking it would be like a proxy but would always be connected and have the ability to have an open port.  

1 answer to this question

Support

I want to be able to have Utorrent stay always connected on the proxy server but I find I need to restart it when Utorrent goes idle for a while.  Is it possible to keep Utorrent running continuously on my server machine connected to Torguards Socks5 proxy?   If I can't get this to work I'll go back to my Virtual Machine VPN torrent client combination.   

Also....if I go back to VPN I'm just interested in keeping copy right notices from accidentally popping up.  I don't care about my ISP or much of anyone else.   As long as I don't have DNS & IPV6 leaks would using NO ENCRYPTION work for someone that just wants to hide their IP?  I'm thinking it would be like a proxy but would always be connected and have the ability to have an open port.  

Hey Quisp - a proxy once set will be used when needed, once you download it will start using the proxy, once set it will not download unless the socks5 proxy is up and running, if the socks5 proxy failed it would simply not download.

We always recommend some form of encryption no matter what but by masking your IP with no Data Encryption and with no leaks anywhere else it will still prevent copyright notices but if your ISP ever wanted its possible they could peek at your traffic.

Regards

• Like 1