TorGuard
fuzbear

Unable to download torrent when using proxy

Rate this question

Question

fuzbear

Nothing changed on my computer. I have utorrent configured like the FAQ suggests, set up to use SOCKS5 proxy, with the random proxy url.  This setup has been working fine for months with no problem.  However, the past two days, when the proxy is active, utorrent just sits there, nothing is downloaded.  It it connecting to the trackers, I see seeds and peers connected, but no data transmission occurs.  As soon as I change utorrent to "None" for proxy, the download starts immediately.  The "checkmyiptorrent" shows I'm connected (typically to Miami or LA or Netherlands).  I've tried manually setting the SOCKS server to all of the available ones.  Basically, I've done all the typical troubleshooting, and what I'm seeing is that I'm getting connected to the proxy but the proxy isn't allowing any data through.]

Again, nothing else changed on my end.  No updates to anything, no change to configuration.  Everything appears normal, just no data throughput unless I turn off using the proxy.  It is like Torguard is not allowing any data through the proxy.

2 answers to this question

Support

Nothing changed on my computer. I have utorrent configured like the FAQ suggests, set up to use SOCKS5 proxy, with the random proxy url.  This setup has been working fine for months with no problem.  However, the past two days, when the proxy is active, utorrent just sits there, nothing is downloaded.  It it connecting to the trackers, I see seeds and peers connected, but no data transmission occurs.  As soon as I change utorrent to "None" for proxy, the download starts immediately.  The "checkmyiptorrent" shows I'm connected (typically to Miami or LA or Netherlands).  I've tried manually setting the SOCKS server to all of the available ones.  Basically, I've done all the typical troubleshooting, and what I'm seeing is that I'm getting connected to the proxy but the proxy isn't allowing any data through.]

Again, nothing else changed on my end.  No updates to anything, no change to configuration.  Everything appears normal, just no data throughput unless I turn off using the proxy.  It is like Torguard is not allowing any data through the proxy.

Hello,

Can you post a screenshot of your utorrent proxy settings page by chance ?

Thanks

fuzbear

Today I was able to download as normal, with proxy enabled.  Again, nothing changed on my end, no settings altered.  I was connected to the Netherlands SOCKS5 proxy.  All settings for my computer, networking, utorrent are exactly the same as they were the previous two days, but those days no data would transfer, no matter what proxy server I was connected to.