TorGuard
Taylor Brown

IKEV2 on iPhone

Question

Taylor Brown

Why is it that ikev2 through the TorGuard app on iPhone doesn't work? No matter what server, or network, it constantly keeps cycling through connecting and disconnecting.

9 answers to this question

Support

Why is it that ikev2 through the TorGuard app on iPhone doesn't work? No matter what server, or network, it constantly keeps cycling through connecting and disconnecting.

Hey Taylor

Unfortunately the ports required for IKEv2 are regularly blocked in networks - i would recommend you switch to Cisco IPSec if IKEv2 doesn't work for you.

Regards

Taylor Brown

I contacted support about this issue, that's what they said. I know, for a fact, the ports are not blocked. It has connected before on this same network, and other vpns using ikev2 work fine. I've gone into my router settings to make sure the ports are not blocked.

Support

I contacted support about this issue, that's what they said. I know, for a fact, the ports are not blocked. It has connected before on this same network, and other vpns using ikev2 work fine. I've gone into my router settings to make sure the ports are not blocked.

Have you tried the "Direct IP" profiles ? incase theres a DNS issue. Are giving it enough time to choose a server for you ?

Taylor Brown

Yes. If I put in the vpn settings manually in settings, it works fine. It's only through the app that it doesn't work.

Support

Yes. If I put in the vpn settings manually in settings, it works fine. It's only through the app that it doesn't work.

Hmm here shouldn't be any difference - the iOS app uses the same settings as you would do setting up manually.

When setting up manually what hostname or IP do you use ?

Taylor Brown

I put in the ip. Using the app I also choose direct ip. Right now ikev2 is working, and as long as I don't go into the app it seems to be fine. But the minute I go into the app it won't connect anymore.

Support

I put in the ip. Using the app I also choose direct ip. Right now ikev2 is working, and as long as I don't go into the app it seems to be fine. But the minute I go into the app it won't connect anymore.

Ok, any chance we can do a small test ? i need to try find the root of the problem.

Regards

Taylor Brown

Funny thing, it just now stopped working. Now it's back to connecting, disconnecting, and again and again

Support

Funny thing, it just now stopped working. Now it's back to connecting, disconnecting, and again and again

Taylor, we have a complete rewrite of the iOS app coming within a week - can you let us know if you still experience such problems ?

Thanks