TorGuard
bs1eepy

Qbittorrent Binding Network Interface - Stalling Torrents

Rate this topic

bs1eepy

Hi all,

I've read that binding the network interface is recommended to restrict qbittorrent to the torguard connection. After selecting the isatap network interface, however, all torrents stall and do not download. Is there something else I need to be doing? I am running a windows pc only connected through wifi. Let me know if any additional info is needed. Much appreciated.

Windows 10

qbitorrent v3.3.12

torguard v 0.3.69

Support

Hey

The interface is normally named TAP-Windows Adapter v9 - you seem to have the wrong interface.

Regards

bs1eepy

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I don't have the windows adapter v9 connection available. The network interface options I have are:

Ethernet

Ethernet 2

Local Area Connection* 2

Wi-Fi

Bluetooth Network Connection

isatap.Home

Local Area Connection* 4

isatap.{ alphanumeric code }

UPDATE: after running windows update, a torguard driver was updated as well. This caused the isatap network interfaces to disappear and now I have Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface available.

TorGuard

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I don't have the windows adapter v9 connection available. The network interface options I have are:

Ethernet

Ethernet 2

Local Area Connection* 2

Wi-Fi

Bluetooth Network Connection

isatap.Home

Local Area Connection* 4

isatap.{ alphanumeric code }

UPDATE: after running windows update, a torguard driver was updated as well. This caused the isatap network interfaces to disappear and now I have Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface available.

For me, the interface is Ethernet 2.

JIjUFi5.png

You can check which interface it is for the VPN by looking at the Network Connections.

HhoJUVi.png

legitsu

@Support

confirmed here as well: also causes torguard to spit a 'problem setting up connection' when qbittorrent is started at the same time as the client (which I do with a autohotkey script that waits for qbittorrent.exe and then starts the vpn client)

I opened a issue on the qbits git but I am not hopeful as binding to tap usually either works or doesn't 

legitsu
8/28/2017 11:39 PM - qBittorrent failed listening on interface 10.65.197.219 port: TCP/0. Reason: The requested address is not valid in its context.

8/28/2017 11:39 PM - qBittorrent failed listening on interface 10.65.197.219 port: TCP_SSL/0. Reason: The requested address is not valid in its context.

8/28/2017 11:39 PM - qBittorrent failed listening on interface 10.65.197.219 port: TCP/4242. Reason: The requested address is not valid in its context.

8/28/2017 11:39 PM - qBittorrent failed listening on interface 10.65.197.219 port: TCP/0. Reason: The requested address is not valid in its context.

8/28/2017 11:39 PM - qBittorrent failed listening on interface 10.65.197.219 port: TCP/4242. Reason: The requested address is not valid in its context.

it looks like it might be qbits fault its not waiting for the vpn to accually be up and then not recovering 

it would be possible to implement a vpn client work around by keeping the address state even when disconnected 

Support

8/28/2017 11:39 PM - qBittorrent failed listening on interface 10.65.197.219 port: TCP_SSL/0. Reason: The requested address is not valid in its context.

it looks like it might be qbits fault its not waiting for the vpn to accually be up and then not recovering 

it would be possible to implement a vpn client work around by keeping the address state even when disconnected 

Hi

It looks like your using OpenConnect, does the same happen with openvpn ?

Regards

legitsu

sry for the late reply apparently the board doesn't send emails 

yes the issue 'should' be mostly resolved with the newest qbt

however i suggest supporting windows 10's native vpn management which is getting some improvements with the fall creators updates

as well as making sure the interface is always up regardless of weather or not its connected