TorGuard
Simon

Android network change

Rate this question

Question

Simon

Hello,

I have TorGuard successfully running on my home router, which covers all the devices with no worries. This is excellent!

What I am looking for is a reliable way to have my Android phone connect to TorGuard automatically whenever I leave my home network. I have tried using Tasker, the OpenVPN app, and Open VPN Tasker plugin to accomplish this, but have found that it rarely connects automatically. The disconnect option works each time with no issues, but in order for the VPN to connect, I need to actually select the VPN from within the app or it will not happen.

I have installed the TorGuard Android client, but the best I seem to be able to do is to set the app to open when I leave the home network. Is there a way to get the client to connect to the VPN automatically whenever the app is launched? If not, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can make this work?

Thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

Teemo

Was this feature ever implemented?

Thanks

Support

Hi Simon

Is this the latest Tg Android app your running ? right now it will auto connect on boot  or connect but not on application start - we do plan on adding this, i will try get it pushed in the next release.

Regards

Simon

I do have the latest version of the TG Android app, and look forward to the option to connect on application start. I'll look out for it. Thanks!

Support

I do have the latest version of the TG Android app, and look forward to the option to connect on application start. I'll look out for it. Thanks!

Hey Simon, that feature is in the works, hopefully not too long now.

Regards

Simon

Not sure. I uninstalled the app and have been automating my connection with Tasker, OpenVPN, and the OpenVPN Tasker plugin. It's been largely seamless at connecting to the VPN when I leave my home WiFi network and disconnecting it when I get back home.

Marco

I can't find the "option to connect on application start" in the latest TG Android app.