Question

Support

== Release v1.1.31, 2017-04-25

* Improve 'Persistent Tunnel' option in new Android versions
 The behaviour of this option is different now depending on
 the Android version:
 - Android 4.4 KitKat (ApiLevel 19 and 20) :
   Due to a problem in Android 4.4, a workaround was needed
   in order to make the VPN able to reconnect. 
 - Android 5 and greater :
   The behaviour of this option is now optimised -  it works exactly the same as the official OpenVPN client.

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

Ramz

Okay so I was connected to a server and then I went to the TorGuard app then it crashed OpenVPN is running but I look on the running apps and it says that TorGuard isn't running but the VPN is

Support

Okay so I was connected to a server and then I went to the TorGuard app then it crashed OpenVPN is running but I look on the running apps and it says that TorGuard isn't running but the VPN is

Hi Ramz

When you say crashed, can you elaborate please, does the app close with an error or it disconnects ? when you say openvpn is running, your referring to the TG app or the OpenVPN connect app or some other OpenVPN app ?

Regards

Vpnuser123

I have a Galaxy Note 4, Android version 6.0.1.

Torguard VPN client v1.1.32 works fine generally, however if "Power Saving" mode is turned on, the VPN connects initially, but seemingly disconnects as soon as focus changes to browser or other app.

Is there a way to use the client with "Power Saving" mode turned on? Thanks for your advice.

Support

I have a Galaxy Note 4, Android version 6.0.1.

Torguard VPN client v1.1.32 works fine generally, however if "Power Saving" mode is turned on, the VPN connects initially, but seemingly disconnects as soon as focus changes to browser or other app.

Is there a way to use the client with "Power Saving" mode turned on? Thanks for your advice.

thanks for the heads up - we noticed this recently and will have a fix for it in our next release.

Regards

tester

Hello,

I got a problem with TorGuard client on a Samsung S8+, running Android 7.0

When trying to connect on Wifi it goes through everything fine but gets stuck at: "Connected and underneath Detecting.." No internet access.

On windows it works fine. On 4g data it works fine.

I narrow it down to "Lan Bypass"  - when it's checked the issue is present. When left unchecked it goes through and connect fine, showing the IP address instead of "detecting"

The thing is I need Lan Bypass.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Support

Hello,

I got a problem with TorGuard client on a Samsung S8+, running Android 7.0

When trying to connect on Wifi it goes through everything fine but gets stuck at: "Connected and underneath Detecting.." No internet access.

On windows it works fine. On 4g data it works fine.

I narrow it down to "Lan Bypass"  - when it's checked the issue is present. When left unchecked it goes through and connect fine, showing the IP address instead of "detecting"

The thing is I need Lan Bypass.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hello,

Can you confirm your LAN subnet?

Thanks