TorGuard

OpenConnect IP verification problem

Rate this question

MmM

Question

Hello,

I have decided to update my TorGuard clinent after some time to see what is new. When trying to use OpenConnect I get this weird error. It occurs when the client is trying to verify my IP and fails to do so. BUT! after a second the status is set to "verified" and everything seems to be ok (eg. status: N/A -> detecting ... -> my own IP and that message -> verified. Re-check is working without any further errors.). Also when checking for DNS leak it seems like it can't use VPN DNS (google and openDNS is working, is it even related or is it a feature of OpenConnect?).

Failed to spawn script 'C:/Program Files (x86)/TorGuard/vpnc-script.js' for connect: Operation ended successfully //. that last part with "Operation..." is actually in my native windows language so it may slightly differ from the same message in english.

I tried:

- to turn off firewall and antivirus (Avast)

- to reinstall TAP drivers

- to reinstall Torguard

- to reinstall Torguard and TAP drivers :-)

...without any success

What may be cause of this error? It seems like the VPN itself is working but I don't feel like trusting it for now.

4 answers to this question

TorGuard

Can you try setting the permissions of the vpnc-script.js file so that every user/admin/group account has full control. Also add "Everyone" permission and give it full control. Take a look at screenshots for how to set the permissions, then see if that helps get rid of error.

vYbHZqD.png

t5ZkzlM.png

0zHA4IY.png

6f2nKcF.png

GfnByF1.png

SplittingDistant

Hi,

I am getting a similar problem, shown below:

"Failed to spawn script 'C:/Program Files (x86)/VPNetwork LLC/TorGuard/vpnc-script.js' for connect: The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file."

Traffic is routed via the VPN despite the error message.

I've carried out your suggested changes to the file permissions for vpnc-script.js but it does not seem to have fixed the problem.

It doesn't happen every time - I can't quite put my finger on why that is - perhaps it's after a reboot or the first time each connection is used after a reboot.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks.

Support

Hi,

I am getting a similar problem, shown below:

"Failed to spawn script 'C:/Program Files (x86)/VPNetwork LLC/TorGuard/vpnc-script.js' for connect: The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file."

Traffic is routed via the VPN despite the error message.

I've carried out your suggested changes to the file permissions for vpnc-script.js but it does not seem to have fixed the problem.

It doesn't happen every time - I can't quite put my finger on why that is - perhaps it's after a reboot or the first time each connection is used after a reboot.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks.

Hey guys

This has been fixed in our next release - its basically just an encoding issue -

- Windows: vpnc-script.js will use the adapter index instead of the adapter friendly-name

Some issues can arise if the enconding of the operative system is
   not understood by the netsh command. In particular the friendly names
   of the adapters can be shown as "??????". Using the index is a more
   stable way to get the right adapter inside the vpnc-script.js.

We hope to release within the next 2/3 days.

Regards
  • Like 1