TorGuard
Road

My internet is slow with Torgaurd v0.367

Rate this question

Question

Road

It takes roughly 30 second to 1 minute to load google.com, and few other web pages won't load.   :unsure:

22 answers to this question

TorGuard

Hello Road, welcome to the forums!

Google and all web pages I have tried load instantaneously. Let's inquire about your setup to better assist you.

- Do you have any third party security suites installed(comodo, kaspersky e.t.c)?

- What server location are you using?

- What protocol and cipher are you using?

- What DNS servers are you using?

- Are you using Wireless or Wired connection?

Assassin23

Mine is running very slow with this update too.  

I have Kaspersky Total Security

Server Location:  Los Angeles

Protocol:  TCP

Cipher:  AES-128-CBC  SHA256

Open DNS & VPN DNS

Wireless connection

Road

Hello Road, welcome to the forums!

Google and all web pages I have tried load instantaneously. Let's inquire about your setup to better assist you.

- Do you have any third party security suites installed(comodo, kaspersky e.t.c)?

- What server location are you using?

- What protocol and cipher are you using?

- What DNS servers are you using?

- Are you using Wireless or Wired connection?

everything is fine without torguard vpn app.

its all the server. 

using Cipher AES-256-CBC

Google DNS

Wired

I have kaspersky.

TorGuard

I see you both have Kaspersky, could you try doing the following please:

In Kaspersky:

• Settings > Additional > Threats and Exclusions > Specify trusted applications

nWKRWQv.png

• Click "Add" bottom right
  • Select OpenVPN Dameon

obdiOeC.png

• Check: Do not scan files before opening - Do not monitor application activity - Do not monitor child application activity - Do not scan all traffic

utVuLWa.png

• Repeat steps for the TorGuard client executable: TorGuardDesktopQt.exe
  • Settings > Additional > Network
  • Under Encrypted Connection Scanning" - change it to: Do not scan encrypted connections

j7PqygH.png

See if that helps improve speed, most of the time when it comes to VPN speed being slow, it's due to the users software that they have installed such as a third party firewall. Try disabling Kaspersky or uninstalling if above steps fail to yield any results.

Also using a wireless connection will greatly impact your VPN speeds, switch to wired for maximum efficiency, or use a VPN router.

There is a lot of users reporting issues with the latest version, so there might be an issue some where on TorGuard's side that is not yet known, we'll have to wait and see what staff say in regards to the recent influx of reports. You can try using previous VPN client versions here: link

• Like 1

Taurean

Try the old TAP driver version 9.9.*.  This works for me.

Assassin23

Uninstalled version 3.67, and downloaded v3.63, with the old TAP 9.9, and it worked!!! Thanks for that suggestion with the old TAP!

Support

Guys if using Kaspersky - please follow the steps below, it should help with speed and stability:

=> Open Kaspersky Internet/Total Security

=> Click on Settings (small gear icon at the bottom left hand corner)

=> Click on [Additional]

=> Click on [Network]

=> Uncheck "Inject Script into web traffic to interact with webpages" and check if the issue persists

Regards

• Like 2

abcd

I tried the recommendations in post 5/8, and no change. Reinstalling v3.63 with tap 9.9 works.

I have no interest in dumping Kaspersky.

Support

I tried the recommendations in post 5/8, and no change. Reinstalling v3.63 with tap 9.9 works.

Hey there, did you try he following?

=> Click on [Additional]

=> Click on [Network]

=> Uncheck "Inject Script into web traffic to interact with webpages" and check if the issue persists

Regards

TorGuard

Have you tried reinstalling Kaspersky? I noticed when I first installed Kaspersky, it checks programs for compatibility problems, so it may be worth to give that a shot. Since if you had Kaserpsky installed first before TorGuard VPN, it might not even know it's incompatible.

Taurean

For some reason, Kaspersky is blocking the new TAP driver.

Taurean

Have you tried reinstalling Kaspersky?

Tried it yesterday -- didn't help.

TorGuard

Tried it yesterday -- didn't help.

Okay, good to know, I guess the only remedy for this problem is to wait for Kaspersky to fix their software. I'll try to see if there is something else that can be done from within the settings of Kaspersky.

Guys if using Kaspersky - please follow the steps below, it should help with speed and stability:

=> Click on [Additional]

=> Click on [Network]

Regards

This helped thanks! It had been driving me nuts.

I'd been have issues with loading almost any webpage with TorGuard connected.

Not sure i can say it fixed it completely though, as it still fails to load some parts of webpages (like the videos on bbc.co.uk/news) when TorGuard is connected - something it didn't do until yesterday but other than that seems functional.

Kaspersky Internet Security 17.0.0.611

TorGuard 0.3.63

Taurean

This works for me as well even with the newer TAP driver!  You also have to disable the browser extension.

Thanks!!! :D

Support

This helped thanks! It had been driving me nuts.

I'd been have issues with loading almost any webpage with TorGuard connected.

Not sure i can say it fixed it completely though, as it still fails to load some parts of webpages (like the videos on bbc.co.uk/news) when TorGuard is connected - something it didn't do until yesterday but other than that seems functional.

Kaspersky Internet Security 17.0.0.611

TorGuard 0.3.63

Try also disable the browser extension as Taurean mentioned - see if that solves any other issues for you, keep us posted thanks

Try also disable the browser extension as Taurean mentioned - see if that solves any other issues for you, keep us posted thanks

I don't use the browser extension. It used to cause me no end of problems so I removed it long ago.

I still have intermittent issues, but since it appears to affect all OpenVPN providers with TAP, I've raised a support request with Kaspersky since it's blatantly their issue.

Thanks.

Support

I don't use the browser extension. It used to cause me no end of problems so I removed it long ago.

I still have intermittent issues, but since it appears to affect all OpenVPN providers with TAP, I've raised a support request with Kaspersky since it's blatantly their issue.

Thanks.

Thanks - let us know how you get on with that, some users report that a complete reinstall of Kaspersky worked, some report that disabling Kaspersky Secure Connection, as a part of Total Security it worked for them.

Regards

• Like 1

rffpgadsp

Where do i download 3.63 with old TAP driver. 

Have kaspersky as well and huge problems recently with Torguard. resolving host.. slow loading... 

would like to try the old version

rffpgadsp

never mind, found the link in the earlier post.

thanks

TorGuard

Where do i download 3.63 with old TAP driver.

Have kaspersky as well and huge problems recently with Torguard. resolving host.. slow loading...

would like to try the old version

never mind, found the link in the earlier post.

thanks

Hello, welcome to the forums.

If you haven't tried the suggestions in this thread for configuring Kaspersky, I would suggest you try them before anything else.

Post 1 — Post 2 — Post 3

If that still doesn't work, and you want to try older versions of the tap driver, you can select the alternative version during the installation process within the TorGuard setup. Older clients can be found here: http://updates.torguard.biz/Software/ — though it isn't recommended to be using older versions, as there is nothing wrong with the latest client version; it's just Kaspersky.