TorGuard

Rate this topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im using VPN and i also wanted to know if this can work to "Privatize" my Bittorrent received a nice email from my ISP and we all know what that email is but i wanted to know setting up my Bit with a proxy work alongside my VPN connection to make it more secure?

• 4 months later...

I really recommend people switch to qBitTorrent.

uTorrent has been doing shady shit the past year and trackers are outright blacklisting it now.

The only thing we have found with qBitTorrent - if the proxy fails, rather than stop all activity until its either removed or replaced  (such as what Vuze or uTorrent do) it fails back onto your ISP - i have not tested the latest release but i may give it a whirl and check it out.

Regards

• 4 months later...
On 1/11/2017 at 8:20 PM, Support said:

The only thing we have found with qBitTorrent - if the proxy fails, rather than stop all activity until its either removed or replaced

Do you know if this is still true with the latest version of qBitTorrent?

I dropped a while ago Vuze because it was known to leak information but now uTorrent doesn't connect to any http or udp tracker through the Socks proxy, basically dead...

Is Vuze a viable alternative with Socks proxy now?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/03/2018 at 9:06 AM, MisterBean said:

Do you know if this is still true with the latest version of qBitTorrent?

I dropped a while ago Vuze because it was known to leak information but now uTorrent doesn't connect to any http or udp tracker through the Socks proxy, basically dead...

Is Vuze a viable alternative with Socks proxy now?

I can't say for sure on later builds, i would need to test those but i can say for sure with Vuze and uTorrent configured correctly your fine.

Regards

• 8 months later...

Hi - I have Windows Server 2016 and am running uTorrent as a service - that way it is always running on my server and all I have to do is drop a torrent file into a specific folder that it monitors.  This works fine without VPN proxy, but when I add the proxy it doesn't work (and server doesn't like it when I run the Torguard VPN client on it).  I have to log in to the server with my admin user - my assumption here is the proxy doesn't login by itself for some reason.  Has anybody figured out how to resolve this?  Thinking of trying qbitorrent to see if that works any better.

• 123 changed the title to .