TorGuard

Utorrent. Proxy Connection error Timed Out.

Rate this question

Scobie

Question

Newbie here

Got a few snotty letters from my isp prvider so decided to get a proxy account with Torguard. I'm very new to computors and downloading. Torguard techs had to remotely set my proxy as there was  a lot of errors.

My 'checkMyTorrent' keeps changing from 'Success' to 'Proxy Connection error Timed Out.' or 'error 4'

A Torguard tecnician said this was ok. 

My question is can I add torrents when it says 'Proxy Connection error Timed Out.'?

Is my Ip address still hidden?

Thanks

1 answer to this question

Hello Scobie, welcome to the forums!

It depends on your configuration, there is different things that could leak your IP address. To answer your first question, you can still add torrents; all traffic will still go through your proxy, if the proxy fails to connect for any reason, your torrent(s) will not download. If your torrents are downloading while you have the proxy configured, you don't need to worry about that error, it's quite common. Second question, your IP should be hidden from other peers.

For starters, adjust uTorrent settings for privacy and test for leaks: How to configure and optimize uTorrent

• Like 1