TorGuard
Mardhyn

TorGuardDesktopQt.Exe Has stopped working

Rate this question

Question

Mardhyn

Hello,

I've been using Torguard for sometime now without any issues. About two weeks ago my computer fan cables got to close to my gpu and overtime they melted completely through. My PC, I presume, over heated and would not restart that night other then to load into Windows and crash within 2-10 seconds. I fixed the fan issues inside the case two days later, the pc itself had not been used in those two days, and most issues seemed resolved. However the TorGuardDesktopQt.exe will automatically fail on loading windows. Reinstall/Uninstalling in both safe mode and outside of it do not resolve the issue.

So I checked some more of the error dialogue, which is headed by the problem APPCRASH. It appears QT5Core.dll is the core module problem. Googling that lead me to my GPU. I run a RX 270 AMD card, and I ran a driver cleaner while in safe mode. Restarted then installed the drivers. Restarted my PC and the issue for Torguard still persists, so while it may still be effected by my GPU, its a bit more obscure then a clean set of drivers. Other then that my gaming usb mouse is recognized by my PC but I am unable to actually do anything more then move it around the screen. The buttons themselves are not recognized as inputs for whatever reason.

I am not 100% sure if this is even on your guys end, as you can tell by my series of events getting to this post. But TorGuard is the only application I have found to have persistent problems and is unusable currently. Thoughts?

7 answers to this question

TorGuard

Can you check if you have these redistributables installed:

Try updating through windows update, may be missing some important packages.
Try uninstalling the TAP-Driver and reinstall it with the newest version from here(NDIS6): https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html

Run this command in powershell, then post the output here:

Get-ItemProperty HKLM:\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\* | Select-Object DisplayName, DisplayVersion, Publisher, InstallDate | Format-Table –AutoSize

EDIT1(12 February 2017 - 04:25 PM): Your computer might be corrupted and require a fresh install of Windows. Other stuff you can try:

• System File Checker, run via elevated command prompt: sfc /scannow
  • CCleaner Registry Cleaner: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
  • If you have any restore points available to before you started having issues, you can try performing a system restore.
Edited by TorGuard
  • Like 1

TorGuard

Hello, welcome to the forums! Hard to say what the problem could be, my guess would be that you have conflicting software.

What version of windows are you using?

Do you have any third-party security software installed?

-

Submit a ticket here to get in touch with support: https://torguard.net/submitticket.php

Support

Hello,

Please let us know what version of windows you are running - we can always send you a a beta of our new client coming with many many fixes and upgrades of internal core components - even though vast majority of users have no issues with QT, we have upgraded this component.

Regards

Mardhyn

Wow my bad on forgetting that bit of info. I am running Windows 7 and as far as security I keep it fairly minimal and just run Microsoft Security Essentials. Other programs I run are MSI afterburner/Rivatuner, Steam, Radeon Settings, and CCleaner.

Mardhyn

Somehow my Windows install had been corrupted. A safe boot from MSConfig would let my gaming mouse work, but torguard itself still wasn't. Rather then fiddle too much with the other options, which may still work, I opted to back up the files on my SSD I wanted saved and did a fresh install. No issues so far, Tor Guard works as well as the other small problems have cleared up.

Thanks for the help!

Support

Somehow my Windows install had been corrupted. A safe boot from MSConfig would let my gaming mouse work, but torguard itself still wasn't. Rather then fiddle too much with the other options, which may still work, I opted to back up the files on my SSD I wanted saved and did a fresh install. No issues so far, Tor Guard works as well as the other small problems have cleared up.

Thanks for the help!

Glad to hear thanks for letting us know.

Regards