TorGuard
Taurean

Servers Cannot Connect to "zoink.ch"

Rate this question

Question

Taurean

Hey...

Seattle and some other servers can't seem to connect to "zoink.ch" which is used by EZTV's RSS.  I did some checking, and it doesn't seem to be blacklisted by CloudFlare.

Any idea?

Thanks.

14 answers to this question

Support

Hey...

Seattle and some other servers can't seem to connect to "zoink.ch" which is used by EZTV's RSS.  I did some checking, and it doesn't seem to be blacklisted by CloudFlare.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Hi Taurean

We don't block this domain or any other domain in Seattle - its quite possible they have filtered this range - have you notified our support staff on main desk yet ? https://torguard.net/submitticket.php

regards

Taurean

Yes, I did.

I was asking for any workarounds.  I didn't mean you were blocking it.

TorGuard

I can tell you right now, that is the wrong RSS url for EZTV(EDIT: Just noticed it's included within the .xml - Going to test). Due to the nature of that site, I cannot directly link it here, but all you have to do is go to the top of their website and click RSS to get the new link. Alternatively if you are still having issues, you can try changing server locations, or using one of TorGuards SSL/HTTP/SOCKS proxies.

Edited by TorGuard

Taurean

I know it's https://eztv.ag/ezrss.xmlbut they are using "zoink.ch" for indexing torrent files.  Look at its XML structure.

Dallas, Las Vegas, Seattle and even Vancouver servers cannot connect to it which makes RSS auto download useless.

Oh, well.

TorGuard

I know it's https://eztv.ag/ezrss.xmlbut they are using "zoink.ch" for indexing torrent files.  Look at its XML structure.

Dallas, Las Vegas, Seattle and even Vancouver servers cannot connect to it which makes RSS auto download useless.

Oh, well.

Hey, yeah sorry about jumping the gun on saying the wrong url, after double checking I noticed that the url was within the .xml file. However, I am still able to pull results from the RSS feed with VUZE:

HqubhhR.png

Which DNS servers are you using?

Taurean

I'm using OpenDNS.

LA server does work fine, so it's not an DNS issue.  When I'm connected to Seattle server, I can't even ping zoink.ch.

Again, I'm saying RSS auto download doesn't work with those servers and not the EZTV website itself.

TorGuard

Seems like it's an issue with the location/ip, doesn't want to add a torrent while connected to Seattle. New York and Chicago was able to connect and add torrent from RSS feed successfully. I suspect Seattle is blacklisted on zoink(I couldn't ping it).

vGv2uCo.png

If the Seattle server(s) is(are) blacklisted, you won't be able to connect; you can try the following options:

• Change server locations.
  • Use a program like Proxifier and force zoink.ch to connect through a TorGuard proxy, while remaining connected to Seattle VPN.
  • Contact support, to see if they offer any dedicated IP addresses for Seattle that may possibly bypass filters.

Taurean

Yeah, I've emailed NovaKing asking him to unblock those IPs.

Taurean

Seeing that I can't ping...

cloudflare.as13335.any2ix.coresite.com [206.72.211.63]

It's definitely CloudFlare that's causing this connectivity issues..

Taurean

Even rarbg.to and zooqle.com require CAPCHA with those servers.

TorGuard

Keep us posted if NovaKing decides to unblock Seattle.

It's normal for some sites to blacklist known VPN provider addresses. Whenever you come across issues like blacklisting, or obvious filtering, try another location until one works.

Support

It appears that these IP's are not blocked by cloudflare themselves - it must be the owner of the site who uses cloudflare that has manually blocked these ranges - we are still looking into it.

Regards

Taurean

Looks like this "problem" has been resolved.  Now I can access it from any server.