TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
Kabal

auth issues with seattle

Rate this question

Question

Kabal

Can't seem to stay connected for more than a day on both android and windows.

20 answers to this question

TorGuard

Hello — Make sure all power saving features are turned off on both your Windows and Android devices, also go through the steps located on this article.

Support

Can't seem to stay connected for more than a day on both android and windows.

Hi Kabai

Do you stay connected but loose all connectivity  or does the vpn on the router disconnect completely ?

Regards

Kabal

On the windows app it just says auth where it usually says conneced. Switching to tcp seemed to fix it so far, at 22 hours will report back.

Not sure exactly what your asking, but I stay connected to the internet fine. Just the vpn is disconnected.

Kabal

As for the android app the key on notification bar disappears and when I open torguard I'm prompted to reconnect.

Kabal

Still no luck staying connected on android. The phone having issues is a note 3 with cyanogenmod 12.1 and android 5.1.1.

Going to try with a stock galaxy s5 with android 5.0 and see what happens.

TorGuard

Still no luck staying connected on android. The phone having issues is a note 3 with cyanogenmod 12.1 and android 5.1.1.

Going to try with a stock galaxy s5 with android 5.0 and see what happens.

How did the stock firmware testing turn out, still disconnect?

Kabal

http://imgur.com/a/1yhsV  (new bug on the windows version)

went to check the status on the third day up and was greeted the a wrong username or password message.

Logged back in and it still displayed 56:XX hours as if it had never disconnected.

Support

http://imgur.com/a/1yhsV  (new bug on the windows version)

went to check the status on the third day up and was greeted the a wrong username or password message.

Logged back in and it still displayed 56:XX hours as if it had never disconnected.

hH Kabal

There was an issue over at the Seattle DC, this is now fixed - if you have any further problems let me know here, we have a minor fix in to reset timer on reconnects.

Regards

Kabal

hH Kabal

There was an issue over at the Seattle DC, this is now fixed - if you have any further problems let me know here, we have a minor fix in to reset timer on reconnects.

Regards

Thanks for the update.

What about the android problem? I still haven't been able to stay connected for more than about a day udp or tcp.

Is this a known issue or just me? 

TorGuard

Thanks for the update.

What about the android problem? I still haven't been able to stay connected for more than about a day udp or tcp.

Is this a known issue or just me? 

Have you turned off all the power saving features? Could also be due to the connection signal is weak or unstable.

Support

Hello Kabal

Do you have the Wifi Assistant enabled by chance ?

Regards

Kabal

Hello Kabal

Do you have the Wifi Assistant enabled by chance ?

Regards

Don't believe I have that option on my phone.

TorGuard

Hey there, are you using DHCP or Static IP? You may be losing connection to the VPN due to DHCP lease renewal timeout by your router.

Kabal

Hey there, are you using DHCP or Static IP? You may be losing connection to the VPN due to DHCP lease renewal timeout by your router.

DHCP, will check n see if that's happening. Has it been known to happen?

TorGuard

DHCP, will check n see if that's happening. Has it been known to happen?

Yes, when your dhcp lease expires and your device for some reason cannot reach the router to renew your lease——you can be disconnected from the VPN; try setting up your devices to use a static IP instead of DHCP. Also please let us know what type of router and setup you have so we can evaluate your situation, more information the better.

Kabal

Yes, when your dhcp lease expires and your device for some reason cannot reach the router to renew your lease——you can be disconnected from the VPN; try setting up your devices to use a static IP instead of DHCP. Also please let us know what type of router and setup you have so we can evaluate your situation, more information the better.

still happens with static ip, I have dsl through frontier internet (worst company ever experienced) and a D2200D fronier modem provided by isp.

Support

still happens with static ip, I have dsl through frontier internet (worst company ever experienced) and a D2200D fronier modem provided by isp.

Hi Kabal

Have you ever tried the Cisco AnyConnect or OpenConnect clients ?

Regards